ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

IS THERE AN ADJUSTABLE "DARK SCREEN" FOR WINDOWS?

(1/2) > >>

CodeTRUCKER:
Hello,

I do not know if this is the best place to post, but I have to start somewhere. @Mods - please move it to a better home if necessary.

Like the subject says, I am looking for a utility that I can attach on top of or lay on top of Windows 10 "windows."

I normally run a dark themed computer environment both on the screen and in my room due to a strong light sensitivity. I have about 85% of my computer visuals darkened, but the last 15% has been stubborn. As a result I am seeking a filter which will darken those blinding assaults which melt my eyes. LOL

I have some apps which require a natural color environment, so using the native Magnifier to globally reverse screen color values is not an option. I have tried.

Thoughts, ideas, links?

Thanks.   

Dormouse:
I bought some physical filters sized to cover the screen. A variety of colours are available (seems that there's a lot of individual difference in which colours work best). Certainly not perfect and they impair clarity a little. I don't use them most of the time any more, but do go back from time to time.

superboyac:
there's a program called flux or something like that, free, which can do dimming and things like that on schedule.  Maybe that's an option.

rjbull:
To flesh out superboyac's post:  f.lux® software to make your life better

Ever notice how people texting at night have that eerie blue glow?

Or wake up ready to write down the Next Great Idea, and get blinded by your computer screen?

During the day, computer screens look good—they're designed to look like the sun. But, at 9PM, 10PM, or 3AM, you probably shouldn't be looking at the sun.
f.lux

f.lux fixes this: it makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of day, warm at night and like sunlight during the day.

It's even possible that you're staying up too late because of your computer. You could use f.lux because it makes you sleep better, or you could just use it just because it makes your computer look better.

Free on Windows, for personal use

--- End quote ---

Deozaan:
Windows 10 has this built-in. It's called "night light" mode. I was going to suggest it, but this dissuaded me from mentioning it:

I have some apps which require a natural color environment
-CodeTRUCKER (November 27, 2019, 04:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version