ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Good Freeware Video Editor?

(1/4) > >>

holt:
I would like to find a free video editor to reset the volume more evenly on about a dozen youtube music vids which vary widely in volume and are all under five minutes in length. I have a one year old dual-core laptop with Windows 10 and 8GB of ram but no disk player.

The post title of this thread is the same as an earlier one which was started by siouxdax in 2006 and had its last post in 2007, so I thought I might as well make this a completely new thread.

sphere:
I have not looked at the old thread, but I think you are looking to normalize the audio levels. 
Davinci Resolve can likely do this.

4wd:
I would like to find a free video editor to reset the volume more evenly on about a dozen youtube music vids which vary widely in volume and are all under five minutes in length.-holt (November 25, 2019, 09:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

You could try AVIDemux, set it to Copy the video component and encode the Audio using the Automatic Gain Mode.
Choose whichever Audio Output format you prefer and the Output Format suitable for the chosen Video/Audio format, (eg. MP4 Muxer or MKV Muxer would be the most likely candidates).

Good Freeware Video Editor?

holt:
I would like to find a free video editor to reset the volume more evenly on about a dozen youtube music vids which vary widely in volume and are all under five minutes in length.-holt (November 25, 2019, 09:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

You could try AVIDemux, set it to Copy the video component and encode the Audio using the Automatic Gain Mode.
Choose whichever Audio Output format you prefer and the Output Format suitable for the chosen Video/Audio format, (eg. MP4 Muxer or MKV Muxer would be the most likely candidates).

[ Invalid Attachment ]
-4wd (November 25, 2019, 10:40 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thank you very much! I found a tutorial on YT and I'm making progress.  :Thmbsup:

holt:
How would I use AVIDemux to process a musical track with Automatic Level Control, or ALC, that is too quiet and then too loud, to even it up?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version