ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Possible new facility: runas for aliases

<< < (2/2)

Nod5:
the trick I use on the desktop (shift-right-click adds "run as different user" to the context menu) doesn't work in FARR.
-oblivion (November 18, 2019, 09:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
Indeed, I didn't know that. The FARR context menu does have the item "Shell context menu" which shows the same context menu you see for the file in Explorer I think, but holding Shift in FARR doesn't have the effect on that menu that it has in Explorer.

A possible second best: you can make a small AutoHotkey script that uses RunAs to run from another user account based on credentials you type in a small GUI popup each time. No credentials permanently stored in plaintext then. But I guess that GUI isn't as secure against other running applications as the the login window from Windows. Depends on how much you trust the computer and programs running on it I suppose.

Another alternative could be a FARR alias that starts a powershell script that asks for user account password and then start the application. Search for "credentials" in this PowerShell manual page.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version