ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The Great Software List Site Gets a Big Update

<< < (2/3) > >>

mrainey:
One of my top-ten favorite sites.  Amazing women.  And, oh yeah, software reviews too!

Black Mamba:
About Squeez addition: the latest version has an English help file.  :Thmbsup:

mouser:
beautiful new layout as announced on zaine's blog today:

http://www.anova.org/software/index.html
http://www.thegsblog.com/?p=115

app103:
I noticed you listed 602 PC Suite as being freeware/opensource/donationware (F). I assume that you meant it was possible to get it for free, if you wanted to.

This is no longer true. I recieved this in an email from them back in March:

602PC SUITE 4.2 was recently released on February 15, 2006

Effective immediately, freeware distribution of 602PC SUITE has ended. This software will continue to be available as a fully supported commercial product.

--- End quote ---

NOTE: On March 31, 2006, the registration portal for 602PC SUITE 4.x FREE will be shut down and you will not be allowed to reinstall your software unless you upgrade to the latest 4.2 version.

--- End quote ---

You can't use the older free versions any more if you have to reinstall it for any reason. They are forcing an upgrade & pay.

For someone that rarely has a need for word processing or spreadsheet tools, this was a great program. It's a shame that there is no longer a free version of it. It was light, fast, ran well on old computers, 9x compatible....everything I needed it to be for those rare occasions I would need something like this.  (rare = 2 or 3 times a year)

zridling:
Thanks for the tip on Squeez archiver, Black Mamba! Also to App103. I inadvertantly added a freeware tag to it. I've paid for several 602 licenses, so I know that's not true, but I didn't catch it. Thanks for looking after me.

Received some good feedback already on things to add to the "front page" such as links to download sites and other things.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version