ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I'm thinking of going primitive, with discursion into zettelkasten

<< < (155/244) > >>

Dormouse:
Institutional investors, being bound by concerns about fiduciary responsibility and reputation, need to be more cautious than individual and small investors who my chose to take an  occasional ‘flyer’ and hope for the best.

And who knows? Sometimes long shots do pay off. Just so long as you can responsibly afford the risk - and understand it’s more akin to gambling than investing - there’s no harm done.
-40hz (September 28, 2020, 09:01 AM)
--- End quote ---
And the opportunity is here:
Since our last update, veryone's been asking whether or not they can invest in Roam! We are currently preparing the paperwork, via WeFunder, and we'll be giving first dibs to Believers. We want everyone in the broader community to also have the chance to invest.

Since we don't want to go public, the government is making us jump through a lot of hoops to make equity available to those aren't accredited investors. So stay tuned as we jump through those hoops for you!

--- End quote ---

I noticed that the spellchecker didn't seem to be working.  ;D

More seriously, I'd regard 'believers' as a financially vulnerable (but not poor, so an attractive target) group by definition.
My view is the the existence of robinhood etc already tempts too many people who don't know what they're doing into share trading and this makes me uncomfortable.

40hz:
Hope to see you visit more regularly- it's not been the same without you!  :Thmbsup:
-wraith808 (September 29, 2020, 03:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Probably a lot less discursive and wordy too.  ;) :-[

superboyac:
Hope to see you visit more regularly- it's not been the same without you!  :Thmbsup:
-wraith808 (September 29, 2020, 03:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Probably a lot less discursive and wordy too.  ;) :-[
-40hz (September 29, 2020, 09:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hey!  Look who's back!!  Great to see my good friend!!

40hz:
Hey!  Look who's back!!  Great to see my good friend!!

-40hz (September 29, 2020, 09:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hey you! Good to see you too! Hope life is treating you kindly. It's been a crazy few years. Especially this one, hasn't it? :)

Shades:
Good seeing you and some of the Vieille Garde regulars again. It’s been far too long. I definitely missed the civility and high level of discourse that characterizes DC’s forum. This place is like an oasis of civilization compared to some of the online circles I’ve (more of necessity than choice) been moving in lately. It’s refreshing. :)
-40hz (September 29, 2020, 11:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Should these current posts from 40hz not be transferred to the thread for hearing from members that haven't been active when DC celebrated being online for 10 years? While 40hz may not have been "away" for that long, it does feel that way sometimes.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version