ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I'm thinking of going primitive, with discursion into zettelkasten

<< < (154/244) > >>

Dormouse:
It has echos of an older technique that’s usually referred to as a ‘memory palace,’
-40hz (September 28, 2020, 08:53 AM)
--- End quote ---
You're right. I hadn't made that link myself. But many common aspects.

Dormouse:
Another rabbit hole for me to go down!
-wraith808 (September 28, 2020, 01:47 PM)
--- End quote ---
It's a very powerful and successful technique. I wish you well.

But it takes some planning and a commitment to regular practice.
-40hz (September 28, 2020, 11:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Indeed.
My experience is that people will take it up, overcome initial snags (possibly with some direction), and are amazed at how well it works.
But speak to them six months later and they've given it up. Finding things sometimes without effort is more seductive than a little effort and constant success.

It works as an example of Henry Ford's maxim : “Before everything else, getting ready is the secret of success” and further explains why success is rare.

JavaJones:
40hz! Great to see you here again. :)

Thought everyone might want to take a look at The Codex Editor project, if you haven't already: https://twitter.com/codexeditor/status/1302783862666264577
And check out his YouTube channel where he demos it: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzpcqwMBHhUZ24IoQjC7t-A/videos
This guy's work is insane IMO. *This* is the system I'm holding my breath for...

- Oshyan

40hz:
40hz! Great to see you here again.
-JavaJones (September 28, 2020, 07:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks JJ!

Good seeing you and some of the Vieille Garde regulars again. It’s been far too long. I definitely missed the civility and high level of discourse that characterizes DC’s forum. This place is like an oasis of civilization compared to some of the online circles I’ve (more of necessity than choice) been moving in lately. It’s refreshing. :)

wraith808:
Hope to see you visit more regularly- it's not been the same without you!  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version