ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I'm thinking of going primitive, with discursion into zettelkasten

<< < (150/244) > >>

Dormouse:
I've added a new room - Chapter House
For 'business' related notes and documents: todo lists, etc. Anything that requires an action. When documents are no longer current they will be filed away in the library.

(Not work related stuff; that goes in a separate building, Canary Wharf. In practice most real work related stuff is confidential,  and goes into a separate secure location.)

The Chapter House in a monastery was a very large room where they had daily meetings, allocated jobs etc. All the tedious stuff. The one in my local Cathedral is a pretty spectacular space.

wraith808:
It might come in somewhere at the 100s of millions
-wraith808 (September 20, 2020, 08:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
Already there.

-Dormouse (September 20, 2020, 09:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Eh... I'd dispute that figure above, which is why I don't really count it as already there currently.

panzer:
Back in the day valuations made sense, but not anymore since central banks are pumping money into economy like crazy.

Tesla is worth 360 billion $ and it only made its first profit this year.

Madness.

Dormouse:
I'd dispute that figure above, which is why I don't really count it as already there currently
-wraith808 (September 24, 2020, 10:21 AM)
--- End quote ---
Why would you dispute it?

It ought to be a simple calculation. Investors paying $9m for ? = $200m valuation means ?  = 4.5% of the enterprise, post investment. Always possible it was actually $9m for 5% of the business as it was, in which case the calculation ought to have been (9x20)+9 = 189 which is still pretty close.
Not seen anything about other conditions, options etc though I'd expect there are some. But it's hard cash he's already spending.

You can't get a better test of value than people paying hard cash for something.

Dormouse:
Back in the day valuations made sense
-panzer (September 24, 2020, 10:32 AM)
--- End quote ---
Valuations have never made sense, they're simply transactional. The point at which buyers and sellers are prepared to meet.Tesla is worth 360 billion $ and it only made its first profit this year.

Madness.
-panzer (September 24, 2020, 10:32 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hmm. This is tougher.  The volatility in Tesla's price (up and down), plus the relatively low level of free stock implies that it would be more accurate to calculate a valuation range.

There's huge disagreement about it as a business. I know a number of investors who were heavily shorting the stock when the price was a fraction of the present price. Most got out on one of the dips (therefore with some profit) or when they realised they might never be proved right (loss) or some facts changed (manufacturing targets met - also a loss).
As Keynes said, the market can remain irrational for longer than you can remain solvent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version