ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I'm thinking of going primitive, with discursion into zettelkasten

<< < (125/244) > >>

Dormouse:
Regex arrives in Obsidian v0.8 (done but not public yet).
Speed of development is massive - doesn't work,  high mass implies lower speed - staggering. I spend more time catching up than actually doing anything.

wraith808:
Man, I have to say I am VERY impressed by the slick interfaces these people are coming up with.  It's like you want all the good bits of each in one.
-superboyac (July 13, 2020, 11:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Exactly.  And the cool thing is that since they are componentized in extensions, you can have the best of each!

sphere:
This is a solution someone developed about 4 years ago to map markdown files.  Thought you might be interested.  A really nice write up.

...Markdown Mapper, and is a command-line utility, written in R (see below) and open-sourced under the GPLv2 license, that reverse-engineers concept maps from plaintext notes.
--- End quote ---

Markdown Mapper

How it works

Markdown Mapper treats each line / paragraph of text as a node in the network. It goes through the text, file-by-file and then line-by-line, making inferences about which lines are related to which other lines by looking at tags and text structure (e.g., with the indentation of list-items). As it goes, it creates an edge list, a table with three columns: From, To, and Relationship, where the From and To columns are lines of text from the input file(s), and the Relationship column is the relationship between them (e.g., Parent, List item, Tag, Contains Type of Thought, etc.). It then uses the qgraph package to draw a quick-view graph from the edge list, and the igraph package to create an adjacency matrix (a tablular version of an edge list, where the row and column names are lines of text from the input file(s), and each cell has a 1 wherever the lines have a relationship), if the user has asked for one.

As it goes along, Markdown Mapper also hard-wraps the text Hard-wrapping = inserting a line break. every 20 or so characters, in order to make the text nodes more rectangular (this keeps each node from displaying as one long line of text).
--- End quote ---

panzer:
Tired of note-taking apps:
https://akkshaya.blog/2020/07/19/note-taking/

Attronarch:
I've been using Zettlr for my zettelkasten. I started it in January this year and have so far written 713 notes.

Forgive me for I haven't read all 25 pages of this topic, but it seems to me like discussion here is mostly around note taking software and not zettelkasten as a method?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version