ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I'm thinking of going primitive, with discursion into zettelkasten

<< < (118/244) > >>

Dormouse:
It does also seem to have a huge following that will likely drive it as well
-sphere (July 08, 2020, 02:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
Very true. There appear to be hundreds developers eager for the API, all delirious at the prospect of an early alpha/beta that's likely to change before full release. I've little idea what they want to develop, they mostly just seem to want to develop something.

And a thriving industry in CSS themes which are capable significant functional changes.

Some of them are clearly very good going by what they have done so far.

The developers anticipate that much future functionality will come from independently produced plugins.

Dormouse:
However, in theory it means I might be able to use that scripting to automate some of my workflow going forward, and if I am lucky,  incorporating that vast amounts of files I have scattered in different formats. 
--- End quote ---
And presumably the same would be possible through the Obsidian API.

wraith808:
Someone else mentioned  TiddlyWiki + Krystal Theme + a few plugins...
-sphere (July 08, 2020, 03:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

So there's a link on that site that leads to twitter: https://twitter.com/Learn_Awesome/status/1265574525342793730?s=20

That leads to this page: https://learnawesome.org/digitalgardensetup

I did it, and it's up and running on github.  But something bothers me.  Since you save your Personal Access token in tiddler, does that mean that anyone will be able to edit your notes?  I tested that out, and people can edit the wiki, but when they save, it downloads a copy, so your PAT is stored in your local browser only.  It seems that sometimes you have problems in saving the wiki also.

I'm not sure about leaving my notes public though.  It was a cool experiment, but one that I think isn't for me.

sphere:
However, in theory it means I might be able to use that scripting to automate some of my workflow going forward, and if I am lucky,  incorporating that vast amounts of files I have scattered in different formats.
--- End quote ---
And presumably the same would be possible through the Obsidian API.
-Dormouse (July 08, 2020, 04:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
With its popularity yes.  Also the fact that there is an audio plugin among the first crop of plugins is promising.  So many markdown-centric  apps want text only ( for obvious reasons) but having the ability to make audio memos.... makes me feel this might be different.  However, it is possible that markdown will win out. 

sphere:
If you work plainly with text, which is fine for capturing your thoughts- this looks pretty amazing.  However I find myself thinking how do I get other things in it?
-Saved web pages.
There are save webpages as markdown extensions.  There is the issue of stripping the character of the site- which sometimes is helpful to add context. For instance, we Andy's Notes Web page was listed here and I visited it, I remembered being in that place- I have landed on that page on more than one occasion- while researching different things.
-Pdfs
-Book Marks
-Citations
-Annotations/ Highlighted text from PDFs ( spanning 20 years)
-Audio  & video recordings.
-Docs & Spreadsheets.
-Rss
-Previous Wikis
-Correspondences ( email, chats, channels)
-Anki 
-Stickies
-Contacts
etc etc

One cannot expect to get everything int, but hopefully with its popularity.. it will be possible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version