ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I'm thinking of going primitive, with discursion into zettelkasten

<< < (114/244) > >>

Dormouse:
afaics most users have little awareness of sampling bias when looking at their graphs. I won't be tempted to use them until I can use sophisticated queries.

superboyac:
I like how Zettlr has the preview sort of built into the main editor
-superboyac (July 02, 2020, 05:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
I notice that many zettlr users have problems transitioning to other programs because filename isn't the same as the note name
-Dormouse (July 05, 2020, 07:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
i just made a feature request for this.  TO have a feature in the program to rename files based on ID (what i wrote in an earlier post here).  The developer likes the idea and seems willing to implement it, and others also have said they like the idea.  Hopefully it will happen!

Dormouse:
The file name will also need at least one letter. Number only gives problems too.

superboyac:
The file name will also need at least one letter. Number only gives problems too.
-Dormouse (July 06, 2020, 04:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ideally, the user can define how the filename should be.  You can name it "ID title.md" or "title.md" or whatever.   We just need a way to rename files using the ID number.  It's perfect for Zettlr because it is already tracking the ID in the text continuously.  Zettlr can even use the yaml header to detect ID or title changes instantly, which is awesome....now just sync it with the filename also.

If Zettlr does that, I say it becomes king of the hill.  But Obsidian might be winning currently.

panzer:
Athens - Open-Source Networked Thought:
https://github.com/athensresearch/athens

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version