ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I'm thinking of going primitive, with discursion into zettelkasten

<< < (113/244) > >>

wraith808:
https://notes.andymatuschak.org

This website design is so incredible.  I want this.  How can I do this?
-superboyac (July 02, 2020, 05:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's very similar to gingko, so you could use that for the same.  I keep a lot of my notes in that.  It just doesn't have the reference links nor the mouseovers.
-wraith808 (July 02, 2020, 08:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
I just saw right on his front page....he says he doesn't make the system available to others.  He's still testing it out and doesn't want to scale it yet.
-superboyac (July 02, 2020, 11:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, I know that.  I was suggesting Gingko as an alternative.

Dormouse:
I'm not sure what they'll do when they hit capacity limits
-Dormouse (July 03, 2020, 04:40 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thinking about it, the WriteMonkey route would fit current design, and they could offer option for database in json format + linked files.

superboyac:
https://notes.andymatuschak.org

This website design is so incredible.  I want this.  How can I do this?
-superboyac (July 02, 2020, 05:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's very similar to gingko, so you could use that for the same.  I keep a lot of my notes in that.  It just doesn't have the reference links nor the mouseovers.
-wraith808 (July 02, 2020, 08:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
I just saw right on his front page....he says he doesn't make the system available to others.  He's still testing it out and doesn't want to scale it yet.
-superboyac (July 02, 2020, 11:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, I know that.  I was suggesting Gingko as an alternative.
-wraith808 (July 03, 2020, 07:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ideally, for this sort of thing I'd like to get some website where all i have to do is sync my markdown files to the site, and it displays properly (lilke a regular markdown preview).  THe closest thing I've come across is that jekyll program which github uses, and i also tried installing on a ubuntu machine myself.  But it still requires quite a bit of tweaking. 

I think you are right, these techs are really blowing up right now, I'm sure many cool options are coming our way.

I tried using the standard foam-github sync, and that works well enough I suppose.  But the internal linking is something to be desired.

the PERFECT website would be like:
you just sync your markdown files
the website also has a graph-like network navigation
the website also has something keeping track of tags and links

panzer:
Zettelkasten note-taking in 10 minutes

"... Reading is hard and books don’t work. Zettelkasten aka slip-box note-taking is the new cool kid on the block. Don’t go down the same rabbit hole as I did, researching the method for tens of hours. This article should be enough of the introduction to get you started ...":
https://blog.viktomas.com/posts/slip-box/

Dormouse:
I like how Zettlr has the preview sort of built into the main editor
-superboyac (July 02, 2020, 05:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
I notice that many zettlr users have problems transitioning to other programs because filename isn't the same as the note name

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version