ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I'm thinking of going primitive, with discursion into zettelkasten

<< < (107/244) > >>

Dormouse:
So, general question about Zettels- do you maintain more than one for different aspects?  Or just break up stuff within based on tags and folders?
-wraith808 (June 25, 2020, 09:02 AM)
--- End quote ---
I don't see myself as having zettels, though my system is heavily influenced,  as are all the newly available programs.

Ideally, I would have one only  - and may do that ultimately.
Everything is dependent on the technology.

I have sets of folders for my writing, but all within the one Obsidian vault. Only separated to make them easier to access with other programs.

I may have a separate vault for files I need to keep secure. Or don't want to back up online &etc. I haven't worked this out yet. I'd prefer to have them together,  but security matters more. Depends on what I decide is the best solution.

If I'd gone with Roam,  my writing would be outside as would chunks of the other notes and documents.

wraith808:
built on Visual Studio Code and GitHub:
-panzer (June 25, 2020, 06:36 AM)
--- End quote ---
This seems to be a little similar another one

Stunning how many there are popping up
-Dormouse (June 25, 2020, 03:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's not a different one.  It's used by Foam.

Recommended Extensions for Foam

superboyac:
foam could be a winner.

wraith808:
What I'm doing right now is a combination of things.  I took the extensions from foam but used the format of obsidian- I write in obsidian or in vs code.  Really liking it so far.

superboyac:
What I'm doing right now is a combination of things.  I took the extensions from foam but used the format of obsidian- I write in obsidian or in vs code.  Really liking it so far.
-wraith808 (June 25, 2020, 10:40 PM)
--- End quote ---
man i am not understanding how to even install foam.  it's an extension of vs code, which is an editor?  these programs are so complicated loll....ill get it sheesh.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version