ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I'm thinking of going primitive, with discursion into zettelkasten

<< < (105/244) > >>

Dormouse:
What I don't like about all this zettel stuff is how its so much in the programmer's world of things.  Meaning all these code formatting features.  But I'm looking at it from a non programmer perspective.  I'd prefer to have outlining features over code formatting features.  I'm sure it (markdown) can be resolved somehow.  Maybe distinguish the <tab> character vs spaces. 
-superboyac (June 24, 2020, 06:59 PM)
--- End quote ---
As you know, I'm not a fan of the state of markdown. But the tab paragraph indentation is more nuanced. Writers generally don't use it. WPs may be set up to do it automatically, because seeing the words and layout is part of composition, but manually is bad. Easy if you are writing a letter or essay to print yourself, but poor practice. This is because house styles are usually set up and adjusted with CSS or equivalent. So manual tabs get in the way and always need to be stripped out. Life is always easier at the publishing end without them. But few use the styles features of WPs.  :( Tabs are typewriter technology; a breakthrough in their time,  but that was over a century ago.

Outlines, of course, are usually constructed with bullets.

Dormouse:
Has anybody managed to integrate/use a spellchecker with it.
-m9833 (June 25, 2020, 03:18 AM)
--- End quote ---
Latest insider build has a spellchecker (US English only), a few glitches still being sorted.

Dormouse:
All I am missing there are tags, highlighters, and comments
-m9833 (June 25, 2020, 03:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
You just type these in with markdown  ;D

m9833:
Latest insider build has a spellchecker (US English only), a few glitches still being sorted.
-Dormouse (June 25, 2020, 04:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is good news. I look forward to trying it out.

m9833:
All I am missing there are tags, highlighters, and comments
-m9833 (June 25, 2020, 03:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
You just type these in with markdown  ;D
-Dormouse (June 25, 2020, 04:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Markdown has the option to tag, highlight, and comment as well? Wow! That I need to try out. Through, I would very much prefer a menu bar for this, probably mainly because that is what I am used to since a long time.

I did not know that CHS also has a Markdown feature. How can one activate or use it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version