ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I'm thinking of going primitive, with discursion into zettelkasten

<< < (104/244) > >>

Dormouse:
I didnt realize until now that markdown couldn't do indentation.  That would be nice if it were implemented.  It's not even in any of the other markdown flavors?
-superboyac (June 24, 2020, 01:27 PM)
--- End quote ---
Used for other things (code block). You're stuck with &nbsp;&nbsp; etc
depending on how many you want to add.

The idea is that markdown isn't meant for layout, and paragraph indent is layout. So that should be in the CSS.

panzer:
How to never lose another memory again:
https://superorganizers.substack.com/p/how-to-never-lose-another-memory

superboyac:
-panzer (June 24, 2020, 04:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
I use the Journal (software) for this precisely.
the right side of the interface is just a data/calendar picker.  SO you click on any date and go to your notes for that day.  The notes have no structure to it.  This has been my "inbox" for a while now.  This is where i go from here to my notetaker's "inbox".  And from there, my new method using this topic in the thread with zettels, is to take these inbox items and formalize them into a atomized archive.  That last step is something i never did until learning about this zettel stuff.  That's the part I want to practice to make my productivity better.

There is something very valuable about going back and chronologically reading through your original thoughts.  I've always noticed it being valuable for me, but did not know how to make use of it.  And the answer I think will be this process of atomizing ideas and perhaps adding a standard header to note files.

I am a huge fan of outlining and outliners.  Anything to make outlining easier and prettier, I'm a big fan of.  What I don't like about all this zettel stuff is how its so much in the programmer's world of things.  Meaning all these code formatting features.  But I'm looking at it from a non programmer perspective.  I'd prefer to have outlining features over code formatting features.  I'm sure it (markdown) can be resolved somehow.  Maybe distinguish the <tab> character vs spaces. 

m9833:
-panzer (June 24, 2020, 04:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

I am getting more and more reliant on Mouser's excellent "Clipboard Help+Spell" for a lot of note taking. I just copy what I want into the clipboard, may it be text notes, images, webpages, or references. The text notes can be modified using the inbuilt editor. All I am missing there are tags, highlighters, and comments/annotations. But even without these, because of the constant use of clipboard memory, it has automatically become my go to notes keeper.

m9833:
Thanks to the discussions here, I have tried Obsidian and it really does seem to do a lot of things that I want including internal wiki-linking. Has anybody managed to integrate/use a spellchecker with it. The Obsidian forum posts about a spellchecker offer aspell as a solution, but with Linux/Unix. Not much about a Windows solution there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version