ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I'm thinking of going primitive, with discursion into zettelkasten

<< < (85/244) > >>

wraith808:
I  like your certainty that there is only one true markdown but I'm not a believer at all.
-Dormouse (June 10, 2020, 09:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

There's a markdown that I use, and certain variations from it that I can't deal with.  That's good enough for me.

panzer:
Personal Notetaking Desiderata Walkthrough:
https://www.lesswrong.com/posts/xqQJ7K7G9bmCF35Hq/bbe-w1-personal-notetaking-desiderata-walkthrough

panzer:
Stroll is a notetaking tool built with the TiddlyWiki platform, imitating a number of features of Roam:

bi-directional links,
autocomplete linking,
renaming of links upon changing tiddler titles,
and side-by-side editing of multiple notes:
https://giffmex.org/experiments/stroll.experiment.html

Dormouse:
There's a markdown that I use, and certain variations from it that I can't deal with.-wraith808 (June 10, 2020, 09:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

And that makes complete sense to me. And the root of my frustration with markdown.
My advantage is in having nil investment in any particular variation. I can use Obsidian as the standard, it's just finding a convenient front end on Android. But,  really, it doesn't have to be totally compatible because I won't use much formatting in practice.

I believe there will be many more extensions as more people use it and want their needs met. Also believe there's probably more future proofing in rtf, or even docx, if markdown isn't very present proof in actual usage.

Dormouse:
Stroll is a notetaking tool built with the TiddlyWiki platform, imitating a number of features of Roam:
-panzer (June 10, 2020, 12:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks.
I think I looked briefly at its predecessor when the developer mentioned he had moved on to Stroll. I just got put off by the Tiddlywiki base since I just don't get wikis.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version