ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I'm thinking of going primitive, with discursion into zettelkasten

<< < (83/244) > >>

wraith808:
I like the fact that there's no lock-in.  I think I'm going to try it.

One thing to watch out for if you're storing directly in dropbox is contention over files.  I use resophnotes syncing simplenote to markdown files in a dropbox folder, and I get duplicates at times named with the file name plus ([MACHINENAME's] CONFLICTED VERSION)

It's hard to get it to sync right from there- the conflicted versions seem to always come back.

Dormouse:
I get duplicates at times named with the file name plus ([MACHINENAME's] CONFLICTED VERSION)

It's hard to get it to sync right from there- the conflicted versions seem to always come back.
-wraith808 (June 04, 2020, 02:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ah!
I just tested and that's what I've found.
So I'll take it out of Dropbox. And copy manually.
I assume it's no better with other cloud drives?

wraith808:
I haven't really tried with others.  I've just got syncovery set up to mirror everything now.  I keep them on separate drives too, so that's another level of redundancy.

Dormouse:
Seems as if their HTML sanitizer stripped off the colour etc. I've worked out what syntax to use now for colour and font size, and seems to be compatible with Epsilon Notes instead of Markor.
So Epsilon Notes it is

wraith808:
I just had an idea- not exactly sure if it's a good idea or a bad one yet.

In my obsidian vault, I initialized a git repo.  Instead of (or maybe in addition to) syncing it with OneDrive, I'm going to commit it to two remote git repos- one on BitBucket/GitHub/Keybase (haven't decided which) and one on my NAS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version