ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I'm thinking of going primitive, with discursion into zettelkasten

<< < (82/244) > >>

Dormouse:
Was in its own folder,  now in sync folder.

But,  I'm still considering the implications of each approach.
The folders will be copied and backed up in either case.

Dormouse:
And I notice that my revised system ticks ALL my boxes, with links between notes being the only exception in a database. And even there they could be reconfigured quite easily.
Now database progs are just for active functions.

I am thinking about having one vault or many. One could easily become too big for Obsidian's search to be fast. And the links depend on Obsidian's search.

Dormouse:
I've just noticed that one colour command that rendered as intended a few days ago now no longer does.
You don't get that with rtf.

I've found that you can edit a file that obsidian has open in another program and obsidian just updates when it is saved.

wraith808:
Was in its own folder,  now in sync folder.

But,  I'm still considering the implications of each approach.
The folders will be copied and backed up in either case.

-Dormouse (June 04, 2020, 11:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

What are you using to sync?

I've found that you can edit a file that obsidian has open in another program and obsidian just updates when it is saved.
-Dormouse (June 04, 2020, 02:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's a bonus.  Does it automatically sense when a file is saved outside of it?

Dormouse:
What are you using to sync?-wraith808 (June 04, 2020, 02:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
Dropsync/autosync on Android  - still testing
Dropbox itself on Windows

That's a bonus.  Does it automatically sense when a file is saved outside of it?-wraith808 (June 04, 2020, 02:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
Not sure - I just wondered what it would do. It updated pretty instantly when I saved though.

What I bear in mind is that current behaviour isn't necessarily locked in. It's surprisingly functional for such an early stage program,  but it is very early.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version