ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I'm thinking of going primitive, with discursion into zettelkasten

<< < (81/244) > >>

wraith808:
I thought I'd posted this, but remember that things that can sync through dropbox, onenote, etc can be lifesavers.  It's the reason that I use my opinion on Android and used it on IOS - IA Writer.  Edits directly in Dropbox.

Dormouse:
You can set it up to autostart or not and turn sync on and off.
It doesn't read the clipboard for copy or cut - you have to send selection to it, so you shouldn't find it accidentally capturing stuff.

I do think the clipboard is a potential security risk, but it is also a very convenient function.

I switched from gdata to Samsung keyboard which retains up to 20 clips.

Dormouse:
remember that things that can sync through dropbox, onenote, etc can be lifesavers.-wraith808 (June 03, 2020, 05:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

I agree.
Most of my writing and note apps have autosync capabilities through Dropbox or alternative, but Markor hasn't which is why I need the autosync app. As you say, autosave in cloud can be a lifesaver.

Dormouse:
I'm liking this more and more. Admittedly mostly from reading about it rather than using it. But Android is on its long-term plan,  as is WYSIWYG and sync. Storyboard/corkboard has been mentioned on Discord; looks as if it could be an easy plugin,  so I assume someone will do one sometime. Most of my use so far has just been experimenting. I will look at Roam,  but at this point I can see reasons for not using it (online database and speed), but nothing to make it better; that could change.

And I have Editpad and Search as alternatives if Obsidian drops the ball.

wraith808:
Do you have the storage location from Obsidian in a sync folder?  Or in a different folder that you sync to your sync service?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version