ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I'm thinking of going primitive, with discursion into zettelkasten

<< < (72/244) > >>

Dormouse:
My thinking has evolved. As mentioned above, I believed it needed to be systematic to avoid the chaos of multiple tags for the same concept. I now believe that was wrong, at least for notes.

Any changes in tag names will simply reflect the evolving patterns of thought. So long as notes have links to other notes, there is always a route to older tags.This saves time on input and would systemically work rather like Zettelkasten structure notes.
Without the need to make them.

Dormouse:
too off-topic
-Nod5 (May 28, 2020, 06:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
Too off-topic can't exist if you have made a link.
 :)

Dormouse:
I learned something.  Never heard of transclusion before.  For any in that same boat: Transclusion
-wraith808 (May 28, 2020, 09:25 AM)
--- End quote ---
I knew it had to be a clever programming idea.
It's rather like the motor industry supply chain.

Dormouse:
here is just a quick comment on reading Markdown text directly: I find it very easy after only a little practice
-Nod5 (May 27, 2020, 10:37 AM)
--- End quote ---
Maybe.
Well I think it will depend on the content.
The example you gave is 'choppy': every element is saying "here I am" and "this is how I relate" to the other elements closeby. If you were asked what you'd read today,  you wouldn't answer with something like this. There's no flow in the language,  no subtle interplay between words or content.

I agree with the example,  I have no problem with markdown for notes because it's not a distraction. But I do when I'm working on prose and I need to focus on the relationship between the content and language and how it flows and progresses.

Dormouse:
After reading that, I'd think that if you can get around the need for having editable markdown, https://hackmd.io would be stellar for this!
-wraith808 (May 27, 2020, 01:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
If you want to be able to edit in the preview, Texts does just that, which is the reason that I don't use it.  I like to have my hands on the actual text of the document, but this software does it WYSIWYG and the backing file is just Markdown.
-wraith808 (May 27, 2020, 10:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

For writing writing, txt is fine 99% of the time. I can do other bits separately.
For notes etc, I have no problem with markdown being visible as I write.

But for editing I have very specific requirements. I need colour. I need to be able to highlight etc with mouse or pen. I need comments and bookmarks.  And versions. And I need to be looking at what I'm working on not markup tags I haven't just added myself. And more probably.

I still won't care about the document formatting because that's the next stage. And I'm not sure there's an alternative to the infinite tweak/preview cycle there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version