ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I'm thinking of going primitive, with discursion into zettelkasten

<< < (68/244) > >>

Dormouse:
From an Ultraedit blog : Markdown is a plain text formatting syntax aimed at making writing for the internet easier.
--- End quote ---
That fits with the way I see it, and there it succeeds. I'd use it for that myself with no qualms.

Dormouse:
Zettelkasten-like system used by Andy Matuschak:
https://notes.andyma...3ViqN3hh3SmrKzjQxWAr
-panzer (May 27, 2020, 07:47 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thank you
Seems like a good day for having prejudices confirmed  8)

Maybe I should stop reading now

Nod5:
I haven't kept up with this thread, but here is just a quick comment on reading Markdown text directly: I find it very easy after only a little practice. At least when the text uses only light formatting (headings, lists, italics, bold, links, ...).  Note also that syntax styling/highlighting in VS Code now also show bold/italics directly in the Markdown text. I used to keep the live preview pane open all the time, but now open it mostly at the end to overview and make small fixes.

wraith808:
I'm not sure about document structuring.  What I do see is that the cursor position on the preview would have to be fed back to the hidden markdown document.  The commands and text would always only work on the markdown document. I  don't see why it couldn't work in theory but I doubt there's enough processing power on most Android machines to do it in real time. There's already a noticeable lag in preview update and adding the fro to the to would kill it.

Very nice to hear that there are other people with the same wish because it feels totally against this bit of the zeitgeist.
-Dormouse (May 27, 2020, 02:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you want to be able to edit in the preview, Texts does just that, which is the reason that I don't use it.  I like to have my hands on the actual text of the document, but this software does it WYSIWYG and the backing file is just Markdown.  I was going to show some examples, but I can't run it right now :(

I'm thinking of going primitive, with discursion into zettelkasten

Nod5:
If you want to be able to edit in the preview, Texts does just that
-wraith808 (May 27, 2020, 10:56 AM)
--- End quote ---
Alternatively Typora, which at least someone uses for zettelkasten.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version