ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I'm thinking of going primitive, with discursion into zettelkasten

<< < (63/244) > >>

Dormouse:
Strangely, just came across a little app on Android that almost seems designed for quick zettelkasten notes. txt or md, autoname using date/time,  notes organised by nestable tags on bottom line, dark mode, option to backup to Dropbox. Written by developer of another very highly ranked app.

Unfortunately four years too late - neither of his apps have been updated since. This is still rated 4.0 despite many recent reviews pointing out data loss etc. Pity, it looked very attractive. Developer just seemed to disappear without warning.

SpoilerMonospace

sphere:

Interesting.  I am going to take a look, though at this point it seems like my system is ahving issues loading googleplay apps???
By any chance have you looked at any of the nextcloud sync offerings.  joplin?  Carnet looks like it has alot of promise.  I like that you can record audio notes/memos.   Much of the functionality of google keep is sloted for the future.   And being open source in nature I imagine there is a way to export as text or will be. 

Nextcloud is rather easy to get up an running
App description
App

Dormouse:
By any chance have you looked at any of the nextcloud sync offerings.  joplin?  Carnet looks like it has alot of promise.  I like that you can record audio notes/memos.   Much of the functionality of google keep is sloted for the future.-sphere (May 25, 2020, 12:45 PM)
--- End quote ---
Carnet does look good but seems to be a Keep equivalent on Nextcloud.
I've never got into Nextcloud. I'm very much in favour of its existence, but at this point, I think it would be more time consuming than it would be worth. And might even add risk to my data instead of reducing it. My security and privacy, such as it is, depends on a number of layers; some stuff never goes Wifi even at home and there are layers within that - and for others public clouds are OK.

Dormouse:
joplin?-sphere (May 25, 2020, 12:45 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, I've looked at Joplin. Quite liked it - which is better than most. But I've decided that Markdown is a very bad thing for people like me, which rather takes away its purpose.

ED : I've found that I can just about concentrate on the preview. And it's not needed if Txt only. Gets the job done.

Dormouse:
I've decided that Markdown is a very bad thing for people like me
-Dormouse (May 26, 2020, 05:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
Mostly.

As presently incarnated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version