ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I'm thinking of going primitive, with discursion into zettelkasten

<< < (62/244) > >>

Dormouse:
That does make sense. My original thought was that I don't have much use for a NAS in practice,  which is why I stopped using mine years ago, so it felt like possible overkill.  I was assuming that setting up an otherwise unconnected WiFi router with an attached disk wouldn't interfere with anything. The router wouldn't be connected to the network or the Internet. I'd only turn on when I needed to use it which would help security.  Not that anyone else lives within half a mile.

afaics, the rest of the household is happy with all their stuff on their devices or in the cloud.

But I don't think it would be any harder for me to repurpose an old computer than an old router.
If I ever need to move on from the memory stick.
Most stuff can live safely enough on the net.

I will admit that possibility landscape has changed since I achieved high speed broadband instead of crawling and intermittent. Long distance WiFi to the hub at the top of the cathedral tower in permanent line of sight. Internet suddenly became as reliable as the power supply. 

Dormouse:
I am really curious about how to contend with hard links these systems require ... and it worked, UNTILL it didn't
-sphere (May 14, 2020, 01:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
I worry about this too.
Unique file names gets you part of the way,  but is impractical if all the links break. There must be some way of leveraging dimanagement to restore links based on search and restoring the database of files.  I've always assumed this to be the process for actual hard drives.
It's one of the issues that makes it easier to delegate the problems to cloud storage.

conceptworld:
Hi Dormouse,

I am the creator of Notezilla. We do have an Android and iPhone version. We just added dark mode to the iPhone version. The Windows version doesn't support dark mode yet. But we are planning to add it in next major version. Let me know if you need any other help.

Regards,
Gautam Jain
https://www.conceptworld.com/Notezilla

Dormouse:
We just added dark mode to the iPhone version. The Windows version doesn't support dark mode yet.
-conceptworld (May 15, 2020, 03:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nor does Android

sphere:
Hi Dormouse,

I am the creator of Notezilla. We do have an Android and iPhone version. We just added dark mode to the iPhone version. The Windows version doesn't support dark mode yet. But we are planning to add it in next major version. Let me know if you need any other help.

Regards,
Gautam Jain
https://www.conceptworld.com/Notezilla
-conceptworld (May 15, 2020, 03:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Gautam Jain,
Is it possible to sync notes between phone and pc without use of notezilla.net?  Can notes be synced when both devices are 1) on the same local network, 2) the devices are connected via usb 3) using one's own private cloud service? 
Thank you 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version