ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I'm thinking of going primitive, with discursion into zettelkasten

<< < (38/244) > >>

Dormouse:
But this is also interesting to fast and dirty trim DOWN "not very interesting", which might be close to that problem I've wrestled with and explored in this thread, where things like my sound editing knowledge needs to be refined and always on tap, medium things sit there *by definition* they survived the "Not Interesting Culling", *so there had to be a reason why*, THEN when something like today kicks an item into high gear, THEN it gets promoted!

Fascinating! Because as simple as Drag into the Wasteland, you can cull some 30 items out of 50 out of the bimonthly batches, and then very erratically, that serves the purpose of that "you forgot it was there" part of the zettel that I struggled with. -TaoPhoenix (November 16, 2019, 03:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think that's true. But my Temp folder is outside the zettel. It's part of the path in which is why I can't afford to clog it.
From the sound of it, yours made it through and it had links because you were able to go back to it. Most of a zettel won't be interesting most of the time and much of it maybe never. But it's still there and available.

Dormouse:
Besides dealing with that unique identifier, the Precise Date in Filename automatically tells you how OLD the note is-TaoPhoenix (November 16, 2019, 03:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Exactly! And puts it into a temporal context of other notes from that time enabling a wetware link.

Dormouse:
Apropos of not very much, though it was one of the places this journey started, I downloaded my Evernote archive today, in triplicate. The notes go back over a decade. And I had the local version before that.

The panic over its mortality seems to have abated. And I still like some of its features, especially the webclipper.
I like the Android app. Probably the iOS one too, though it's ages since I used it.
But I truly hate the web app. I find it hard to read the notes for some reason, and the background contrast between the left panel and the rest hurts my eyes.
I like the Windows desktop version, but the beta looks just like the web app, so the writing is on the wall for me.

I'll have a look at Notion, though the reviews suggest it's not for me. I read that it can do a direct import from your Evernote account (though I'm really not sure I'd want to give it my login details) and that you can export from Notion in markdown format.

Tried Notion. Very odd interface. If you're not a square peg, surrounded by other square pegs in a big square hole then I don't see how it can suit. And it doesn't work. Tried the webclipper twice; both times it copied the top quarter of the page and then stopped - and it's supposed to be the whole page or nothing because it offers no options.

TaoPhoenix:
More fun!
This time it's an In Browser Mini Mindmap!
So when you mind is spinning, and maybe even before you can create a zillion text notes per idea, you can capture enough of the brainstorm that you can annotate it later!

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mindmap-tab/mkgjficalhplaenklhejcbmlkonbakjj

tomos:
Probably relevant (apologies if already mentioned) -- Armando's description of how he uses tag in filenames, in particular the first post here
How do you tag (or even organize) your files? and here

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version