ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I'm thinking of going primitive, with discursion into zettelkasten

<< < (28/244) > >>

kfitting:
Tomos: that's the definition. In this context, I often start a note, then as i think more about the topic and revisit it I'll see different facets within what I've written. So I reorganize the information, splitting some into new notes that are more specific, but none of the original information is lost.

The point is that you don't have get the one thought per note right the first time.

tomos:
Tomos: that's the definition. In this context, I often start a note, then as i think more about the topic and revisit it I'll see different facets within what I've written. So I reorganize the information, splitting some into new notes that are more specific, but none of the original information is lost.

The point is that you don't have get the one thought per note right the first time.
-kfitting (November 09, 2019, 05:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
thanks both, I just wasn't really familiar with the word tbh

IainB:
@tomos:
thanks both, I just wasn't really familiar with the word tbh
-tomos (November 09, 2019, 06:12 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, being a pedant, I wasn't comfortable with this usage either, but I tried what Dorothy did in the Wizard of Oz - she clicked her heels together three times and said "refactor" each time, and all became clear in the morning when she woke up - and it did for me too!
This Dorothy trick incidentally was apparently the origin of the modern verb "to be woke", as in "He/she/it is 'woke'." When things become clear to one, not quite as sudden as in an epiphany, but more like a bubble rising through oil. Not a lot of people know that, though the concept was hinted at in Lewis Carroll's writings:
“Must a name mean something?” Alice asks Humpty Dumpty, only to get this answer: “When I use a word… it means just what I choose it to mean – neither more nor less.” - Through the Looking Glass(1871), by Lewis Carroll.
--- End quote ---

Dormouse:
I find it interesting that plain text / markdown solutions like Zettlr keep the files in a database.
WriteMonkey is the same (though documents can be bound to a file).
When I look at WM3 it seems to have all the features required for a zettelkasten, but I've never seen it mentioned in that context. Though it's very rarely mentioned in lists of markdown editors either.

I'm noticing that different types of notes may have different and predictable structures. Vacillating between using templates and autotext insert.

wraith808:
WriteMonkey is the same (though documents can be bound to a file).
-Dormouse (November 10, 2019, 06:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

It is?  I've never used it that way.  I always work on local files.  This is the first that I've heard of that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version