ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I'm thinking of going primitive, with discursion into zettelkasten

<< < (191/244) > >>

superboyac:
Guys, update on all this:
I'm still using that web portal neuron for reading my notes....it is now called emanote, and even better.
For writing and editing, I use Obsidian.

emanote is awesome.
-superboyac (November 09, 2021, 09:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

That looks amazingly clean and simple. Also loads up pages lightning fast. Any idea when it will come out of beta? Would love to try it out on some projects.
-Spyrith (November 19, 2021, 02:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
I have no idea about the timeline.  But I'm using it anyway.  There is zero risk of anything happening since it uses plain md files and folder structure.  The developer is very dedicated to not having anything become obsolete.  He may eventually offer some kind of web hosted app, but not sure about that. 

Not only is it very fast to load, but I can make changes in a text file in obsidian, and the change will be implemented instantly, if you have a file syncing service like me set up.

Dormouse:
I can make changes in a text file in obsidian-superboyac (December 07, 2021, 05:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
Did you ever say what made you switch from Zettlr to Obsidian?

superboyac:
Zettlr did not have that map web pane.

Dormouse:
map web pane
-superboyac (December 07, 2021, 11:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ah.
That thing I never use

superboyac:
map web pane
-superboyac (December 07, 2021, 11:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ah.
That thing I never use
-Dormouse (December 08, 2021, 03:05 AM)
--- End quote ---
I don't use it that much either.  But I like having it.
The other thing I like using, although super minor, is the preview pane.  So I have edit mode in one pane, and then view mode right next to it side by side.

That's it.  For the most part, Zettlr did everything I wanted, no complaints.
Obsidian is also becoming more common overall with users like us, so that might be another reason to stick to it.  I know the neuron guy specifically makes sure his features like link formats and stuff work in Obsidian.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version