ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I'm thinking of going primitive, with discursion into zettelkasten

<< < (171/244) > >>

Dormouse:
Why do we write and write and curate and write?
-superboyac (November 19, 2020, 12:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
Virtually all the money I've ever earned has depended on my writing. Curating too.

wraith808:
Why do we write and write and curate and write?
--- End quote ---
Virtually all the money I've ever earned has depended on my writing. Curating too.
-Dormouse (November 19, 2020, 02:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not in that position, but I've made quite the bit of side hustle money with my writing.

Dormouse:
I've now established that deleting (or moving) contents of ObsidianCache has no effect on Obsidian's memory for the existence of previously opened vaults or their location. They still open as normal (presumably recreating the ObsidianCache file from the files).

Changing the name of the Vault folder loses the memory of that vault and changing it back after Obsidian has been closed does not restore it. Presumably one of the other cache files stores names and locations of available vaults from the last session, and there's a check for their continued existence.

So deleting the vaults I want to keep secure from ObsidianCache should be sufficient for my purpose.
Only aggravation is having to check individually the cache names against the vault names.
Assuming I understand what's going on well enough.

wraith808:
Could you perhaps post your thoughts on some Obsidian forum to see if someone can validate your approach?

40hz:
What's wrong with us?  Why do we write and write and curate and write?  I don't know, might be a mental problem.
--- End quote ---

LOL! I suspect that of myself sometimes. More often than I’d like actually.  One professor described my “problem” as an “aspiration to achieve omniscience.”

I eventually gave up on trying to create an artifact and just constructed a classic memory palace for myself. Something I’ve since stopped worrying about externalizing for posterity. But I find the software based approach some are taking as
incredibly interesting just the same.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version