ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I'm thinking of going primitive, with discursion into zettelkasten

<< < (126/244) > >>

wraith808:
I've been using Zettlr for my zettelkasten. I started it in January this year and have so far written 713 notes.

Forgive me for I haven't read all 25 pages of this topic, but it seems to me like discussion here is mostly around note taking software and not zettelkasten as a method?
-Attronarch (July 19, 2020, 11:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's around both.  Much about the synchronicity between the method and the given applications.  There's just a lot of random interspersion about new software- not that I mind, but all of it has sort of littered the thread.  It might be good to separate out the software into a different thread.

Dormouse:
here is mostly around note taking software and not zettelkasten as a method?-Attronarch (July 19, 2020, 11:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
The thread has been an interactive developmental conversation. It's not about note taking apps, it's not about zettelkasten. It's at least as much about plaintext or databases Vs files.

Recent pages have often had a focus on new apps - Roam, Obsidian, bidirectional links etc - but that's mostly because they're new and directly relevant to the conversation. The apps mentioned in the early pages are completely different and mostly not about note-taking directly.

The thread actually started with people helping me to shift systems and more or less documents the still ongoing process.

superboyac:
So how do you guys deal with images?
Do you place them in the same folder as the txt notes?  or in a subfolder?

Dormouse:
There's just a lot of random interspersion about new software- not that I mind, but all of it has sort of littered the thread. 
-wraith808 (July 19, 2020, 03:10 PM)
--- End quote ---
I don't see any random posts or any littering. It's a conversation,  people write what feels relevant to them at the time.
It might be good to separate out the software into a different thread.
-wraith808 (July 19, 2020, 03:10 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'd certainly not want anything split out, because that would lose the to and fro of the conversation.

There's nothing to stop someone starting a thread about note-taking software or about zettelkasten.

Dormouse:
So how do you guys deal with images?
Do you place them in the same folder as the txt notes?  or in a subfolder?
-superboyac (July 19, 2020, 03:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
Obsidian has an option to have attachments folders, and I use that. It keeps things together which makes it easier to manage backups.
I believe,  though I've not checked, that it copies rather than moves the images.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version