ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I'm thinking of going primitive, with discursion into zettelkasten

<< < (99/244) > >>

superboyac:
Regarding my question about headers, here is a discussion about it and an example. 

https://forum.zettelkasten.de/discussion/449/what-the-head-of-a-zettel-should-look-like
-superboyac (June 22, 2020, 12:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's exactly what I use- except I don't put the Tags label beside the tags.

Finding programs on Android isn't straightforward. First I would prefer them to concur with Obsidian. But then I need them to work with Typing Hero which has kicked out a few of my preferred apps.
-Dormouse (June 22, 2020, 07:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

The biggest problem for me with finding something on Android (and the reason that I'm thinking of going back to the []() notation for links) is the [[]] notatation.
-wraith808 (June 22, 2020, 08:06 AM)
--- End quote ---
Nice.  I was wondering about the tags.  Zettlr has this weird issue...if you put the tags in the yaml, they don't work if you ctrl-click it (which is supposed to filter the notes list to the tag clicked).  So for now, I am leaving the tags outside the yaml header where it works properly.

superboyac:
update, the Sublime zettel method that was fairly popular is no longer maintained with sublime v3.  So that option is not going to be around.

wraith808:
You crossed it out... is that not true?

superboyac:
You crossed it out... is that not true?
-wraith808 (June 22, 2020, 12:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
Correct.  I don't know where I read that, but I just tried on Sublime 3 and it works, and the site says it is actively maintained, although no changes since 2018.

The more I wrap my mind around all this, I think for window users the Sublime way is the most safe and ideal for the method.  It lacks one thing: visual presentation of the editor.  The other markdown or zettel specific software (like zettlr) can make the notes look very very pretty because they can have different sized lines.  So a header can be tall, and lots of white space.  All the lines in Sublime are going to be the same height, so you lose that aspect of the nice visual.

But the sublime way has some nice strengths.  Although the interface is a little complex due to forcing a normal text editor to fit this method vs creating an entirely new dedicated interface....despite that, the features implemented are very nice.  Zettlr has an issue where if you want to insert a link, it will only show the ID/filename which is just numbers, so impossible to search for words and link that way.  I don't see a nice way around it, and it makes the entire software very hard to use for that reason.  It's the ID/title issue again.

But with sublime, i think it handles that better.  A search box appears inline and you can search the words from there, it is much better.  That's a big deal and almost reason enough to use sublime.

The good thing, since they are just text files, you can use all these software simultaneously. 

wraith808:
The good thing, since they are just text files, you can use all these software simultaneously. 
-superboyac (June 22, 2020, 12:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's what I'm doing, and what my one requirement for trying any software is- that it has to work with plain text.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version