ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I'm thinking of going primitive, with discursion into zettelkasten

<< < (91/244) > >>

tomos:
I like this visual, it is helpful.
-superboyac (June 16, 2020, 07:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

It is!  Thanks for sharing - I can really see the workflow from this image.  My only problem is the same thing that I have with everything- I can collect, but going through the collection is a problem for me.  I need to do the first two steps at the same time.
-wraith808 (June 17, 2020, 09:14 AM)
--- End quote ---
Do you mean the Zettelkasten notes *and* the reference database?

panzer:
VNote - a note-taking application that knows programmers and Markdown better:
https://tamlok.github.io/vnote

Bytebase helps you jot down and triage notes without slowing you down:
https://bytebase.io./

wraith808:
I like this visual, it is helpful.
-superboyac (June 16, 2020, 07:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

It is!  Thanks for sharing - I can really see the workflow from this image.  My only problem is the same thing that I have with everything- I can collect, but going through the collection is a problem for me.  I need to do the first two steps at the same time.
-wraith808 (June 17, 2020, 09:14 AM)
--- End quote ---
Do you mean the Zettelkasten notes *and* the reference database?

-tomos (June 17, 2020, 12:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Altering your image -
I'm thinking of going primitive, with discursion into zettelkasten

Step 1 is going to the inbox
Step 2 is thinking about where it should be once it's in the inbox

I can't get from step 1 to step 2 in most cases.  If I just do it without thinking about it, I get little idiosyncracies in how they're categorized.  So my notes never get from the inbox to the archive referenced.  It's a failing on my part, but I haven't found anything that really helps with that without it seeming like 'too much'.

rjbull:
Warning - I haven't tried this, and MBAM blocks the site as a Trojan.
-rjbull (June 16, 2020, 04:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
I wondered whether Info Select needed cloning,  and then noticed the .ch.
-Dormouse (June 16, 2020, 05:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
?

After your MBAM warning,  I decided not to visit the site.
-Dormouse (June 16, 2020, 05:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
MBAM's 'Web Protection' is now far too eager to block a site as 'Trojan.'  It did it to Horst Schaeffer's site, and I've used his software for decades.  It did it to PowerPro, and that must be one of the oldest macro-type programs still around.  I got MBAM to check and whitelist those, but it gets tedious for every site.

Dormouse:
Step 1 is going to the inbox
Step 2 is thinking about where it should be once it's in the inbox

I can't get from step 1 to step 2 in most cases.  If I just do it without thinking about it, I get little idiosyncracies in how they're categorized.  So my notes never get from the inbox to the archive referenced.
-wraith808 (June 17, 2020, 03:02 PM)
--- End quote ---
If we forget the formal zettelkasten method which is predicated on the notes eventually being published, then my current system makes it very easy to do in one pass. Using tags rather than folders or equivalent.

* If it's something not ever worth seeing again,  it goes to the Attics (possibly I'll note why it's worthless).
* If it's not worth spending more time on,  it goes to the Archive, usually with a few more tags.
* If I make a note,  it goes to the Library. Note into the Scriptorium; I'll add links if I can think of them, but don't get hung upon it. I don't spend time going through them trying to find ways of extending the notes. I only go through them when there's another purpose in mind. But if I have a new thought I add a new note - and the link will be obvious.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version