ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I'm thinking of going primitive, with discursion into zettelkasten

<< < (40/244) > >>

Dormouse:
I'm going to do is convert them all out of their respective programs (evernote, IQ, etc.) and then bring them into some temporary area for zettlr.  THen, I'll proceed to curating these to those single notes and thoughts.  Let's see if I can hang with that.

I'm taking my prewritten/compiled writings, and breaking it into single thoughts?  -superboyac (November 18, 2019, 03:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think you are right.
But also potentially wrong.

If I've taken an excerpt from a publication, my first notes may cover more than one thought (because the source is mixing a few things). The second stage will be in single, separated thoughts. But I still keep the earlier ones.

BUT there's a real question of efficiency and sustainability. There's no point spending time chopping a carrot unless you have an idea what you are going to do with the pieces; if you don't know, leave the carrot as it is. Create connections so that you can go back and find it to chop when you know what you want to do with it.

I think there's a permanent tension between the reflecting and chopping on the one side and working comfortably and efficiently on the other. And some of that is resolved by not spending extra time going through things that are not of much immediate interest.

I'm trying to get into the swing by writing a little article. This makes it easier to make a decision about what's worth working on and what isn't.

Dormouse:
boy it would be really nice to be able to view multiple notes simultaneously somehow.
You can actually do this with zettlr.  You can open items using "Quicklook".  They open in a separate window, you can open as many as you like and just place them wherever you like.  Pretty damn nice.-superboyac (November 18, 2019, 03:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

You can do this with separate files too  ;D

superboyac:
boy it would be really nice to be able to view multiple notes simultaneously somehow.
You can actually do this with zettlr.  You can open items using "Quicklook".  They open in a separate window, you can open as many as you like and just place them wherever you like.  Pretty damn nice.-superboyac (November 18, 2019, 03:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

-Dormouse (November 18, 2019, 04:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
loooooooooool
yes...well....nothing  ;)

superboyac:
I'm going to do is convert them all out of their respective programs (evernote, IQ, etc.) and then bring them into some temporary area for zettlr.  THen, I'll proceed to curating these to those single notes and thoughts.  Let's see if I can hang with that.

I'm taking my prewritten/compiled writings, and breaking it into single thoughts?  -superboyac (November 18, 2019, 03:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think you are right.
But also potentially wrong.

If I've taken an excerpt from a publication, my first notes may cover more than one thought (because the source is mixing a few things). The second stage will be in single, separated thoughts. But I still keep the earlier ones.

BUT there's a real question of efficiency and sustainability. There's no point spending time chopping a carrot unless you have an idea what you are going to do with the pieces; if you don't know, leave the carrot as it is. Create connections so that you can go back and find it to chop when you know what you want to do with it.

I think there's a permanent tension between the reflecting and chopping on the one side and working comfortably and efficiently on the other. And some of that is resolved by not spending extra time going through things that are not of much immediate interest.

I'm trying to get into the swing by writing a little article. This makes it easier to make a decision about what's worth working on and what isn't.
-Dormouse (November 18, 2019, 03:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
i see why you have that sources resources folders.

Dormouse:
--- End quote ---
-Dormouse (November 18, 2019, 04:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
loooooooooool-superboyac (November 18, 2019, 04:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
I do admit that the database solutions are likely to be both easier and faster than separate files. Including, I'm sure, viewing multiple notes. I can feel the temptation.
But I'm determined to lie on the bed that I'm making. Even if it is made of many separate nails rather than a comfortable mattress.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version