ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I'm thinking of going primitive, with discursion into zettelkasten

<< < (26/244) > >>

superboyac:
you know what i want to see now?  just examples of other people's zettels...

I'm reading all these theories and recommendations, pages and pages....I just want to see samples.  If i can see what makes a single thought, and a bunch of them, to see how it all ties together, that would be way more helpful than all this theory.

Dormouse:
Examples of Luhmann's notes are available. Somewhere. I've seen pictures but not transcripts. University of Bielefeld holds the whole collection I think.

Index cards, but a completely different system without notes are Nabokov's cards on which he did most of his writing. I think you can see some of them too. But that is different.

I'm sure you can track down some current examples by frequenting zettelkasten.de. Whether they are good examples there's no way of knowing unless the keeper has proven productivity and quality using them.

I agree completely that it would be much easier to understand what they are doing if you could examine examples.

I'm not concerned about other people's systems. I can see what will work for me, and I understand why. I'm happy to pick up useful hints from other people, but I'll judge whether they will apply to me. Big question for me is whether I have the discipline, but I'm hopeful because it is one workflow. My system will be different to many because it will probably contain a substantial number of distinct and separate networks (that's how I'll achieve one workflow) and will be based on the file system and rtf documents. If I do make a go of it I'll be happy to show samples in five years time :)

superboyac:
I'll be happy to show samples in five years time
-Dormouse (November 06, 2019, 04:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
/donationcoder_alarm: set-for-time_5y

Dormouse:
/donationcoder_alarm: set-for-time_5y
-superboyac (November 06, 2019, 06:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

;D

superboyac:
I'm just going to start this.  I can feel myself going through paralysis-by-analysis.  I promised myself to move on when that happens.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version