ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Book synopsis template

<< < (5/8) > >>

Deozaan:
attachment is supposed to be here:
-Shades (October 20, 2019, 11:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

The trick is to not try to insert attachments into the body of the post unless it's an image. :Thmbsup:

I modified your posts so the attachments would appear. Now it's up to you to remove the ones that shouldn't be showing up. :D

fredemeister:
No worries. But because I'm curious...
Isn't it possible to have the complete html tags/code in the word doc, so when the merge is done, you have complete web pages?
 I saw a macro (maybe not necessary in late versions of word) to produce discrete merged documents.

I have no idea whether a merged doc can be rtf or txt or must be in doc/docx format. If only docx, each individual doc would have to be converted to txt then html or else straight to html. If the merged output could be txt, wouldn't just an extension rename to html do the trick if the original doc "template" contained all necessary html code and tags?

I have no immediate use for your process, but like so many other things I read, it's just interesting for its own sake

-tsaint (October 20, 2019, 05:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ive tried, but cannot get it to work using the html file as the parent document, and an Excel spreadsheet as the data file. According to Microsoft Help on the subject it SHOULD work, so I must be doing something wrong. I'll try again later when I can devote more time to it.

fredemeister:
Something like this is easily done using AsciiDoc.
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the suggestion, but at this stage I'll put some time into stuff I know something about. Had a quick look at it and opened the txt file you attached, but all I got in the viewer was thousands of black diamonds with question marks inside.   :-[

publicdomain:
Hi, thanks for this ... in the last <p> "read the book" anchor, I've added the synopsis and a space after.
-fredemeister (October 21, 2019, 03:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Roger that! (I'm working with a copy from your first post, so it's ok)

Don't despair Fred; this definitely comes out in current releases' batch.

We're almost there!

Shades:
Something like this is easily done using AsciiDoc.
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the suggestion, but at this stage I'll put some time into stuff I know something about. Had a quick look at it and opened the txt file you attached, but all I got in the viewer was thousands of black diamonds with question marks inside.   :-[

-fredemeister (October 21, 2019, 04:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Weird. As far as I know AsciiDocFX stores everything in the UTF-8 character-set. Anyway, the following images is what I see when opening the attached documents.

Book synopsis template
The main document (preview within the AsciiDocFX editor, including the automatically generated ToC).

Book synopsis template
The bio section (image is automatically scaled).

Book synopsis template
The written works section (with a standard table, where the grid lines have been removed).

I can guarantee you that I spent more time writing the post than I did the document.

Oh, before I forget, right-click on the HTML button to generate a HTML version of the document you just created. Yes, that is all it takes.

Book synopsis template
HTML export.

Well, it could be considered friendly if I also provided the generate HTML file. But as you can see there is in principle very little HTML formatting going on, the syntax from AsciiDoc isn't too difficult to read, even if you would not have a preview at hand. That is to say, in my eye it doesn't.

Because it is relatively simple, you can use pretty simple text manipulation tricks already built into whatever text-editor you prefer, to make quick changes in one or more files if so desired. And you don't have to worry so much about content becoming unreadable after 10 years or more, just because you have moved to a different version of Office. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version