topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:36 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Bittubers - A youtube alternative that pays you for content  (Read 4952 times)

mahesh2k

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
There is a similar project like Brave. Named BitTubers.

https://bittubers.com/
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 12:13 PM by wraith808 »

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Bittubers - A youtube replacement project
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 07:53 AM »
There is a similar project like Brave. Named BitTubers.

https://bittubers.com/

I don't see what this has to do with Brave. Looks more like an alternative for YouTube.

You may want to consider starting a new, dedicated thread to facilitate discussion for that project. :Thmbsup:

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Bittubers - A youtube replacement project
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 12:11 PM »
You may want to consider starting a new, dedicated thread to facilitate discussion for that project.

:Thmbsup: - Done

mahesh2k

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Bittubers - A youtube alternative that pays you for content
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 08:28 AM »
I don't see what this has to do with Brave. Looks more like an alternative for YouTube.
The concept behind Brave and the BitTube is same. BitTube is cryptocurrency like brave. Both of these cryptos value the user retention system. BitTube as a currency is same as Brave. And BitTubers is similar to youtube for monetizing the content.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 11:54 AM »
You seem to be conflating Brave with Basic Attention Tokens (BATs). Brave is a web browser. BAT is a cryptocurrency token running on Ethereum.

BAT and BitTube may have similarities in design and purpose, but the Brave browser is nothing like the BitTubers video/social platform.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 12:24 PM »
i dont understand the language here.
You say Bittube is cryptocurrency.
But Bittube looks like a website that is a youtube alternative.  youtube is not cryptocurrency.  i dont get it.

BitTubers video/social platform.
that seems like what it is.  right?

in other words...can i start uploading videos to bittube?  and what would be the advantage for me?  is there less copyright infringement stuff?  is there more i can "get away with"?

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2019, 12:34 PM »
You say Bittube is cryptocurrency.
But Bittube looks like a website that is a youtube alternative.  youtube is not cryptocurrency.  i dont get it.

BitTube is a cryptocurrency. BitTubers.com is a website that looks like a YouTube alternative.

As for the rest, I can't say for sure. All I've done is take a cursory look at the website's home page and the "about" link on said home page.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 12:42 PM by Deozaan »

mahesh2k

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2019, 01:04 AM »
BAT and BitTube may have similarities in design and purpose, but the Brave browser is nothing like the BitTubers video/social platform.
Brave has browser with BAT tokens.
BitTube also has BiTtube firefox browser with Tube tokens.
Bittubers is youtube like clone site alternative for youtube. Where you earn tokens for streaming your content to users.
I have no confusion of any sort on this.

I think the reason I posted about this in another thread is not to create tangent reply or something. My intention was just like mouser signed up donationcoder on BAT publisher dashboard. I wanted him to sign up with bittubers accounts for earning Tube tokens too.

That's all. Rest is just semantic nitpicking going on here.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2019, 04:23 PM »
Bittubers is youtube like clone site alternative for youtube. Where you earn tokens for streaming your content to users.
I have no confusion of any sort on this.

I think the reason I posted about this in another thread is not to create tangent reply or something. My intention was just like mouser signed up donationcoder on BAT publisher dashboard. I wanted him to sign up with bittubers accounts for earning Tube tokens too.

That's all. Rest is just semantic nitpicking going on here.

It's your job when interjecting into a conversation to make sure people have enough context to understand what it is you're talking about and how it relates to the topic on hand. All you gave was a link to BitTubers.com (which is a YouTube-like website), which you claimed was a similar project to Brave (which is a web browser).

You gave no information about the BitTube cryptocurrency. You gave no information about the supposed BitTube browser.

The only information I got from clicking the link you provided was that it was a YouTube-like website, and that it used a cryptocurrency called BitTube. Even now, going back to the website and looking around, I can't find any mention of the browser. I do see a mention of a browser extension, but nothing about a browser itself.

We are not mind-readers. If your intention in posting about BitTubers in the Brave thread was to encourage mouser to sign up for it, you should have said so, while explaining what it was and the benefits of signing up for it. I'm surprised that you claim my attempt to explain the differences between things to people who are genuinely confused is just semantic nitpicking when a more obvious explanation is the failure on your part--the one person in this conversation who is ostensibly the "expert" on the subject--to properly explain to people who were unfamiliar with the subject what it is you're talking about.

But here's some semantic nitpicking for you:

Brave is a browser with BAT tokens.
Maybe BitTube has a Firefox browser. Maybe it doesn't. If so, please provide a link. Additionally, it seems that BitTube may be a cryptocurrency as well as an organization or company or project by the same name. This isn't made clear and it isn't immediately obvious to someone who has never heard of it before and whose only exposure to it is BitTubers.com that it is anything more than a cryptocurrency. You should clarify which one you're talking about.

Furthermore, almost everything you said here (quoted below) is objectively, factually wrong:

BitTube is cryptocurrency like brave. Both of these cryptos value the user retention system. BitTube as a currency is same as Brave.

Even though I now know that BitTube might refer to either a cryptocurrency or possible some kind of organization, I cannot tell when you say BitTube which one you are talking about.

If by "BitTube is cryptocurrency like brave" you mean BitTube the organization, then... well, an organization is not a cryptocurrency, so that statement is wrong. But no matter which way you mean the word BitTube, Brave is not a cryptocurrency. So maybe you meant BAT instead of Brave. In which case, you were conflating the two as I said and you shouldn't be surprised when you say the wrong thing that people don't know how to read your mind and know what you actually meant to say.

If I start talking about horses and you reply with talk about saddles and farriers and great trails to ride, you might be confused (if not a bit offended) when I claim that you're nitpicking because "I was actually talking about dogs and no I'm not confused at all on the difference between the two but it's obvious that you're just nitpicking semantics here."

mahesh2k

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2019, 11:56 AM »
*Yawn*

Considering you want more of argument tangents with methan trying to do search. Here's Bittube browser that includes wallet. Wallet is also part of extension too.

I just wanted to make one point and I did earlier so here let me repeat what I wanted to say out of that reply.

You can go ahead and keep dropping few more walls of text to counter this. I have no intention of arguing and wasting my weekend on you. But if you have lost the job or have itch to argue please go ahead. If that doesn't satisfy you find some more out of my replies and put that frustration out here maybe that will get your girlfriend or family whatever you lost back out of those wall of text.

I hope my suggestion reached mouser because I made that reply just for him. That was my sole intention after all.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2019, 03:33 PM »
I think the point was- we aren't wasting things with new threads.  If there is a tangent, unless you can clearly draw a parallel (and I'm with Deo on this... I didn't see it.  And many others are also judging by the thread), just make a new thread.