ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Android annoyances

<< < (2/2)

MilesAhead:
2) How can I set the phone not to dim the screen when a specific app is running?
--- End quote ---

You could try the StayAlive App

Even without donating it has useful features.  It has a setting to only keep the screen alive when a certain app is running.  I am not sure if this feature is one of the donation enabled ones.  I use the program to reduce how often I hit the power button on my phone.  I may need to keep this model for a few years.   8)

-MilesAhead (October 10, 2019, 09:30 AM)
--- End quote ---
MILES!!!

-superboyac (October 10, 2019, 11:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

Rumors of my death have only been slightly exaggerated.   Lollygagging here in Miami feels comatose at times.   :D

kalos:
1) I very often accidentally switch on the Google Assistant, how do I completely disable or uninstall it? I don't find any value in using it and it has some very basic shortcuts that interfere too often.-kalos (October 10, 2019, 08:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Given that there are numerous phones with possibly multiple ways of invoking Assistant perhaps it might not have occurred to you that you telling us how you accidentally keep invoking it might help us to have relevant suggestions on how not to do it.

Like not holding your finger on the fingerprint sensor too long ...

hmmmm ...
-4wd (October 11, 2019, 02:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

I tried to notice it and it seems it is holding the home button a bit longer!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version