topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:33 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: NANY 2020: quick generator peek  (Read 19309 times)

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: NANY 2020: quick generator peek
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2019, 06:15 AM »
@anandcoral:
The one NANY 2020 I am working is not getting full times as desired, due to my work pressure. I still have hope that Almighty will give me free time from all these "must-do" works.
Hello,
Your hopeful prayer has been answered. As it is Christmas and the Season of Giving, I hereby allow you the necessary free time from all those "must-do" works, so that you can attend to Paste Text and your other children, like a good father should. They're looking rather neglected as it is - don't make it worse by subjecting them to further neglect. Use your new free time wisely though - e.g., stop browsing the DC Forum or "social notworking" forums generally...remember, I'll be watching you.
Don't listen to any of those annoying pointy-headed jerks on the DC Forum who may try to tell you to ignore this message and that the Almighty doesn't have an account on the Forum - there is such a thing as omnipresence, you know.

Happy Christmas!   :D

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2019, 11:55 AM »
remember, I'll be watching you.
Happy Christmas!   :D

Thanks, you made my day :)

there is such a thing as omnipresence, you know.

Yes, and I have seen HIS miracle in my life. I walk in his faith and am still walking, even after that dreadful fall in bathroom (check my thread in DC) which could have made me bedridden for ever, as per the doctor. My spinal injury was saved by few millimeters.

I pray to HIM to protect all his children and show the correct path.

BTW, I read Forum message in rss feed and reply only where required. And I do not have Facebook, Twitter etc. They are luxurious items  for rich (with free time) people :)

Regards,

Anand

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2019, 12:06 PM »
Every time someone talks about an omnipresence, I wonder where we scientists have lost the fight.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: NANY 2020: quick Tuxman peek
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2019, 01:36 AM »
@Tuxman:
Every time someone talks about an omnipresence, I wonder where we scientists have lost the fight.
Hahaha, good one! Amusing.
But - and more seriously - I had not realised that anyone was "fighting" over it (or "something"). Are people fighting over that mythical hypothetical and (presumably) mis-named "dark matter" as well? I wonder.
I mean, if there is a fight here, what exactly is the fight about?
Aren't we simply seeking truth and understanding?

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2019, 02:03 AM »
There cannot be two contrary truths.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2019, 03:11 AM »
@Tuxman:
There cannot be two contrary truths.
That would seem to be axiomatic, no?
What 2 potentially "contrary truths" are you referring to though?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 03:17 AM by IainB »

smaragdus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2019, 07:11 AM »
Nowadays modern science has become a politically correct religion. As a religion science is rather inferior. Modern science has nothing to do with seeking for truth, it is just a tool used by the globalist elites to suppress truth and to indoctrinate society into politically correct lies. If science means to be a brainless and godless idiot I prefer to have nothing in common with science.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2019, 09:37 AM »
@smaragdus:
Well, it's a bit of a digression, but I don't think I would disagree with much of what you say there. I mean, look at The Royal Society's motto "Nullius in verba" - which is taken to mean "take nobody's word for it" - yet it doesn't stop them from issuing edicts of "scientific" hypothetical dogma, signed apparently by lots of their members.
That would seem to be 3 (three!) logical fallacies right there:
  • argumentum ad ignorantiam (forwarding a proposition without any certain proof).
  • argumentum ad populum (appeal to the people/consensus, popular sentiment - appeal to the majority; appeal to loyalty).
  • argumentum ad verecundiam (appeal to authority; conventional propriety).

Fascism loves an appeal to the consensus. The German Population in 1939 was estimated as approx. 80,600,000 people (i.e., before they started killing off their Jewish citizens wholesale). Apparently the Germans were right behind their Führer to a man. One wonders: They couldn't possibly all have been mistaken, could they?

Regarding science, a bloke called Eisenhower nailed it in 1961:
In those notes, Haapala also writes (my emphasis):
In his farewell address to the Nation in 1961, President Eisenhower cautioned against the power of money from the government in influencing scientific research, and the “danger that public policy could itself become captive of a scientific-technological elite.” Andrew Montford has articulated how this danger comes about. Please see links under “Politicizing Scientific Organizations” and Article # 1.

But I'm still curious as to what @Tuxman might have been getting at re the 2 potentially "contrary truths" he seemed to be referring to.