ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Done: Batch mp3 bitrate converter

(1/3) > >>

nite_monkey:
So the other day, I was wanting to convert a bunch of mp3's bitrates, but being that I have a bunch of them, it would take me way to long to convert them one by one, so I was wondering if any one knew of a program, or could make one, that would convert multiple mp3 bitrates. I had a program that would do it, but it wouldn't keep the id tags, and I dont want to go back and change over 100 id tags.

kimmchii:
i use dBpowerAMP

app103:
Winamp is a free media player...and there are plenty of free plugins for it.

This one may do exactly what you want:  http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=143606

Writes output to an mp3 encoded file using the LAME DLL. Features complete configuration of the LAME DLL v3.97.1b including all the presets. Now uses Winamp ExtendedFileInfo API for writing ID3 tag information. http://out-lame.sourceforge.net/
--- End quote ---

Done: Batch mp3 bitrate converter

All you would have to do is load all the files you want to convert into Winamp's playlist and use this plugin as the output instead of the normal one for playing files.

f0dder:
Transcoding is bad for the audio quality :(

app103:
If you have a need to lower the bitrate for some reason, this would be ok...as long as you understand that lowering the bitrate lowers the quality too. But you really can't increase it and get good results.

It's like frosting a cake. You can't take a cupcake's worth of frosting and get good results frosting a big layer cake with it. The quality of your cake will suffer.

If you are doing this so a program like Nero will not complain when you try to burn an audio CD, you are better off using a program like Acoustica MP3 CD Burner to do it...it won't complain and will burn just about any audio file you throw at it. It has always been my favorite for burning audio CD's. I only wish it worked with my new pc's burner.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version