ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

CafePress security incident 2019-02-19

(1/2) > >>

Ath:
Today, September 25th, 2019, I received an e-mail from CafePress, the supplier of, among other stuff, the NANY mugs, stating they have had a security incident on February 19th, 2019, where customer names, addresses, e-mail addresses and account-passwords have been stolen from a database. It appears they first published this story on September 5th, 2019.
I took a screenshot from their website where the whole story is explained for as far as they know.

Link to the page at cafepress.co.uk

mouser:
 >:(

Deozaan:
I tried to login to change my password and they say I don't have an account. I suppose that would be why I didn't get an email notification about this.

Now I'm wondering if my account was deleted due to inactivity or if I manually requested it to be deleted long enough ago that I forgot I had done that. :-\

anandcoral:
As far as I have read, hackers are always trying to break in one and all servers, sadly.

So we just have to be cautious and use different passwords for all websites ; and, most important, only give information which is needed for using the website.

Other then that we do not have any hope or control on this big internet world.

Regards,

Anand

Stoic Joker:
Shit, LatestHackingNews.com had an article about this back in August - But I didn't make the connection back then.

Sorry Mouser.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version