ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Free call recorder for Android

<< < (2/2)

anandcoral:
Is there any free reliable call recorder for Android to automatically record and store the audio of all calls?
-kalos (September 12, 2019, 02:02 PM)
--- End quote ---
If you have MI phone then you can use the inbuilt option to auto record all incoming/outgoing calls. I use the same.
For my older Lenovo A6000 I used "Automatic Call Recorder" https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appstar.callrecorder and it works too.

Regards,

Anand

4wd:
@Iainb: There's a few links on the web about it, Google apparently removed it as of Android 6 but manufacturers found ways around it.
With Android 9 they really locked it down to the point where if you want to do call recording then you're probably going to need root, (or alternative firmware, eg. Lineage, etc).

The problem was that different countries have different laws regarding call recording, (eg. UK only requires one of participating parties, Germany requires both parties to give permission), so they took the only reasonable option and disabled it.

NOTE: This is all w.r.t. stock Android.

IainB:
@anandcoral:
..."Automatic Call Recorder" https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appstar.callrecorder
-anandcoral (September 17, 2019, 04:09 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hey, thanks for that tip. I just installed it. That seems to be a seriously useful call recorder. The call notes editor is very useful too - actually meets pretty much one of my main requirements, but which I had not come across before (there are simply too many of these apps to trial them all).    :Thmbsup:

IainB:
@4wd:
...With Android 9 they really locked it down to the point where if you want to do call recording then you're probably going to need root, (or alternative firmware, eg. Lineage, etc).
-4wd (September 17, 2019, 03:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks, that's rather interesting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version