ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Mozilla search result behaving abnormally?

(1/2) > >>

hulkbuster:
Hello Mozilla users.
A week or months ago, i had allowed one app from doing something that i don't clearly remember about.
But the nagging thing is that, whenever i try to search for something.
It also show's some other results which i do not want.
It's like the normal behavior of the browser is changed.
I have been using Mozilla for years and i don't want to change or install or move to some other browsers.
So please help me with this change, i want to remove that app or thing that is making Mozilla behave in a strange way.

Please see the snapshot for the difference.
The first image is how Mozilla used to behave and i am fine with that. But then after few seconds it shows different results(Second image).
Mozilla search result behaving abnormally?Mozilla search result behaving abnormally?
If you want to see or know the difference then try typing Shadow defender download in the Google.
It show up something like this is in the image. But in my case it changes to different page. How do i fix this.
I don't want Mozilla to behave that way. Any help would be great.
Mozilla search result behaving abnormally?Mozilla search result behaving abnormally?

hulkbuster:
I think the proper term would be i had mistakenly allowed a cookie to track my search in Google which results is some unwanted ads.
During that time, in the heat of things i had selected accept, then the problem is bugging me.
I really wish i could selectively or individually remove this bugging tracker from unanimous place.
Do u happen to know how i could achieve this. U see, i am quite satisfied with how, Mozilla displays the search result and it specially
helps me in purchasing accessories whenever i search it on Google in Mozilla Firefox.
I am using Mozilla 67.0.3(x32bit). Awaiting reply.

Curt:
I want to remove that app or thing that is making Mozilla behave in a strange way.
I don't want Mozilla to behave that way.
-hulkbuster (September 22, 2019, 08:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Of course you can change it. But the unwanted behavior is Google, not Firefox. Google is not a search engine, but an advert seller. So the easiest way is to pay and become a premium member (I am not).

But whatever solution you chose, you will have to do new settings on you Google homepage. You didn't know you have such? You use Firefox which is designed by Google, so you have! Begin at https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated

Deozaan:
There's no such thing as "Mozilla search." You are using Google search.

But aside from that, it seems most likely that you have a Firefox add-on that is modifying your search results. Disable all of your add-ons and then perform a search to see if the problem goes away. If it does, then re-enable each add-on one at a time, performing a search after each add-on is enabled, and you will eventually find which one is breaking things for you. Uninstall or disable that one.

You use Firefox which is designed by Google-Curt (September 22, 2019, 12:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
What? :huh:

wraith808:
I was wondering the same thing in regards to the reply.

Mozilla Foundation is responsible for Firefox, and they are one of the few competitors for Google at this point in the browser space.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version