topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:31 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: PearNote for Mac (like Onenote)  (Read 2903 times)

sphere

• Participant
  • Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
PearNote for Mac (like Onenote)
« on: September 25, 2019, 01:45 PM »
I am curious if anyone has any experience with PearNote. It looks similar to MS One Note and has peaked my interest. 
It seems particularly useful for a training/webinar scenario.  It syncs your notes with the audio as well like Onenote can.
It allows you to incorporate slides into a note file, which is more cumbersome in Onenote.  I have done it in One Note by taking a screen shots and pasting them into the notebook.  This can make the Onenote file larger than it needs to be.

Pearnotes also allows you to export to html.

I really like the ability of syncing my written notes with the content I am watching. I also like syncing audio/video with my notes. This means I can quickly navigate to the audio/video if I want to review what I was making a note of.

There is an pretty interesting demo video here
https://www.usefulfr...t.com/pearnote/demo/

I did a pretty extensive search some time ago when looking for One Note alternatives and never stumbled upon this.  It makes me wonder what alternatives might actually be out there. 

pear note.JPGPearNote for Mac (like Onenote)

sphere

• Participant
  • Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: PearNote for Mac (like Onenote)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 01:52 PM »

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 11:47 AM »
@sphere: Thanks for posting that (above). You pressed my CRIMPer buttons.
I don’t have a Mac to trial this with, but if it’s as good as the video says and if it meets one’s requirements, then it could be a compelling reason for migrating to a Mac.
I'm still stuck with OneNote (though InfoQube is looking increasingly attractive).

sphere

• Participant
  • Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 01:10 PM »

I don’t have a Mac to trial this with, but if it’s as good as the video says and if it meets one’s requirements, then it could be a compelling reason for migrating to a Mac.

I completely agree. It does make me wonder if there might be a way to cobble together something that works similarly.  I really like how the audio/video and the notes sync. It is nearly identical to Onenote.  I really am interested in something to replace Onenote.  The standalone version is being replaced with the Win 10 desktop app which only allows offline caching, not saving (as I understand it).

I am considering diving into mac emulation to try out PearNotes