ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Window offscreen at startup

(1/2) > >>

AzureToad:
My Evernote window shows up offscreen every stinkin' time i reboot.  >:(
I've moved and resized the window, shut down the application and then started it up again and it retains previous location/size, as one would expect.
BUT - when I reboot the desktop, i see the icon in the task bar and the window is once again, offscreen.

I used AutoHotkey's Window Spy to see that the window's X-Y coordinates are set to -32000 & -32000.  Searching the registry for "-32000" results in these results:

--- ---Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppUserModelId\Microsoft.Windows.ParentalControls (also in HKLM)
 - DisplayName = @%SystemRoot%\system32\WpcRefreshTask.dll,-32000

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\AsyncMac (also in HKLM)
 - Description (also DisplayName) = @%systemroot%\system32\mprmsg.dll,-32000
Details:
OS = Windows 10 1703 build 15063.1746
3 monitors, left-most is primary, all are set to 1920x1080.

Anyone have any trouble-shooting ideas for getting my window to appear on one of my monitors after rebooting?

wraith808:
You might try after you get it positioned on the screen to close it (completely, including the taskbar notification icon) and then re-open it.  It's likely that they're saving the position on exit, and if you reboot without closing, it might not go through that procedure.

x16wda:
What Wraith said, but when you do that use regmon or something like it to track any registry writes that it is doing. Personally I would think it's something in HKCU\Software\Evernote or wherever.

Heh - actually I just ran across this page that purports to list all of Evernote's registry settings, maybe there is a clue there.

Also, this page for a utility that "is a small app that allows you to change some of Evernote's more useful, but hidden Regsitry settings".

AzureToad:
You might try after you get it positioned on the screen to close it (completely, including the taskbar notification icon) and then re-open it.  It's likely that they're saving the position on exit, and if you reboot without closing, it might not go through that procedure.
-wraith808 (September 12, 2019, 05:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, that works until the next reboot. I've exited ALL apps and rebooted, this one is the stubborn app that refuses to obey the "rules".

AzureToad:
What Wraith said, but when you do that use regmon or something like it to track any registry writes that it is doing. Personally I would think it's something in HKCU\Software\Evernote or wherever.

Heh - actually I just ran across this page that purports to list all of Evernote's registry settings, maybe there is a clue there.

Also, this page for a utility that "is a small app that allows you to change some of Evernote's more useful, but hidden Regsitry settings".
-x16wda (September 12, 2019, 07:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

REGMON. That's a good idea - thanks for the tip, i'll check that out.
I perused the links and, while they've got some good information, they both are a bit dated unfortunately. Evernote's changed their UI quite a bit since v1.0.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version