ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Window offscreen at startup

<< < (2/2)

lanux128:
If this "feature" is still bothering you, try this Autohotkey script.

This script checks for Evernote window every 3 seconds and if detected, moves the window to the center of your primary screen.

--- Code: Autohotkey ---#Persistent#SingleInstance force#NoEnvSetWorkingDir, %A_ScriptDir% SetTimer, EvernoteTimer, 3000 ; check every 3 secondsReturn EvernoteTimer: ; use AHK's windows spy to get exact class name, the same for exe nameIf WinExist("ahk_class ENMainFrame") or WinExist("ahk_exe Evernote.exe")  {    WinActivate, A    ; move to the center    WinGetPos,,, Width, Height, A    WinMove, A,, (A_ScreenWidth/2)-(Width/2), (A_ScreenHeight/2)-(Height/2)    WinWaitClose, A  }Return #q::ExitApp    ; win + q = exit

AzureToad:
If this "feature" is still bothering you, try this Autohotkey script.
-lanux128 (September 30, 2019, 05:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, i think i'll store this for future reference.

I was able to finally get Evernote to open on screen by using Skrommel's WinWarden2 program.
 ;D Too funny. While getting the link for this script, I see YOU were the driving force behind WinWarden!  Small world.

lanux128:
Too funny. While getting the link for this script, I see YOU were the driving force behind WinWarden!  Small world. -AzureToad (September 30, 2019, 01:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yup, very kind of Skrommel to come up with WinWarden. Helped me a lot with these windows that don't retain their last position. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version