ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

[Request] - Windows Title Change ( Permanent )

<< < (2/4) > >>

scriptkid:
Can i send it here?
-scriptkid (September 20, 2019, 06:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Wait! Please allow me to finish a window title changer generator so YOU can use it on your own...

(This way it can help the most)

Repo: https://github.com/publicdomain/title-changer-launcher-generator

Cheers!
Vic
-publicdomain (September 20, 2019, 07:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry to ask since i'm not really good with coding, this will just change the tile by opening it?

Thanks!

publicdomain:
this will just change the tile by opening it?-scriptkid (September 20, 2019, 07:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, a new standalone "launcher.exe" is compiled/generated to be placed in the same folder as the target program.

When the user opens this launcher file, it starts the target program (hidden), monitors in a loop while it loads, then changes title bar text to whatever you configured it to be.

Once it's changed, the target program is finally made visible; this way the user never gets to see the original title message.

It should be finished during the weekend, as I've done user-initiated compilation before. No prob.

KodeZwerg:
But this is not permant, it is for local usage / systems with your app only....

publicdomain:
Hi there! Making the process reversible so it's taking a bit longer.

(Does make usage smoother since the user avoids file renaming by hand)

-KodeZwerg (September 23, 2019, 06:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Correct! In this particular approach for title change, this may be a plus; since there's no messing with the target exe file, it's akin to a file-replacement job, keeping the original as a live backup :)

scriptkid:
Hi there! Making the process reversible so it's taking a bit longer.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

(Does make usage smoother since the user avoids file renaming by hand)

-KodeZwerg (September 23, 2019, 06:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Correct! In this particular approach for title change, this may be a plus; since there's no messing with the target exe file, it's akin to a file-replacement job, keeping the original as a live backup :)
-publicdomain (September 23, 2019, 07:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi thanks for doing it, but question by the way. That's only for local and not a hooking app right? like the player should click that so that they can change the title? can it be a permanent title change if thats possible?

God Bless!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version