ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What are people using these days, instead of Surfulater?

<< < (6/8) > >>

wraith808:
It uses the database on the Clibu server.
-nevf (September 12, 2019, 05:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

That means it does call somewhere to register, correct?  It just happens to call to you.  Am I parsing that correctly?

nevf:
--- End quote ---

That means it does call somewhere to register, correct?  It just happens to call to you.  Am I parsing that correctly?
-wraith808 (September 12, 2019, 05:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Clibu consists of a Browser App and a Cloud Server app which communicate back and forth. User registration is handled back on the server, so yes it calls our server.

Shades:
Which of these programs can effectively post to the Net? (presumably by creating an HTML file).

Allowing that you may have to purchase a domain name and use your hosting platform.
-Steven Avery (September 12, 2019, 09:18 AM)
--- End quote ---
i seem to remember one of the old school ones was good at this like TreedbNotes.  but im pretty sure rightnote can export to html.  onenote cannot directly, but you can export to word and then from word save as html.
-superboyac (September 12, 2019, 10:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Friends don't let friends use word to convert anything to HTML. Just saying...

As an example:
I have an extensive Word document. The docx version is almost 6 MByte in size. After I do a manual conversion to HTML, the resulting document is a bit over 4 MByte in size. When I use Word as converter, the resulting HTML file is almost 17.5 MByte in size. This Word document I have also converted to the AsciiDoc format and that is just shy of 2 MByte in size.

Any version of Word creates a pile of drudge when converting a document to HTML.

wraith808:
--- End quote ---

-wraith808 (September 12, 2019, 05:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Clibu consists of a Browser App and a Cloud Server app which communicate back and forth. User registration is handled back on the server, so yes it calls our server.
-nevf (September 12, 2019, 06:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

So even with the following feature from your prior post:

This stores all data locally, and will have offline support with synchronization to other devices should you wish to use that.
--- End quote ---

You will still need to be connected to your servers to use the software?

superboyac:
Which of these programs can effectively post to the Net? (presumably by creating an HTML file).

Allowing that you may have to purchase a domain name and use your hosting platform.
-Steven Avery (September 12, 2019, 09:18 AM)
--- End quote ---
i seem to remember one of the old school ones was good at this like TreedbNotes.  but im pretty sure rightnote can export to html.  onenote cannot directly, but you can export to word and then from word save as html.
-superboyac (September 12, 2019, 10:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Friends don't let friends use word to convert anything to HTML. Just saying...

As an example:
I have an extensive Word document. The docx version is almost 6 MByte in size. After I do a manual conversion to HTML, the resulting document is a bit over 4 MByte in size. When I use Word as converter, the resulting HTML file is almost 17.5 MByte in size. This Word document I have also converted to the AsciiDoc format and that is just shy of 2 MByte in size.

Any version of Word creates a pile of drudge when converting a document to HTML.

-Shades (September 12, 2019, 08:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
yes, true!  lol
MS sucks at import/export.  Onenote is no exception.  It's why I'm currently worried with their latest move to "Onenote" [no version year/number anymore].  Even if you could export, no other software is laid out like onenote.  usually they are hierarchical, not just a big anything goes whiteboard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version