ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2020

Systemus

<< < (8/11) > >>

city_zen:
Systemus Updated to Version 1.4.

Gateway and DNS Server is added.
Now you can customize the main window, and have a different main window for different menu configurations and you can switch between them.

I also tweaked the MAC and IP Addresses; hopefully, now they will reflect the working set.  Aside from that, you can add up to four existing ones with the custom main window info configurations so that you can show more than one if you have multiples.
-BGM (January 15, 2020, 07:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Great! Thanks for implementing those changes

I just tried to download it again, but it tells me "Download not available"

BGM:
Try it now.  Sometimes the Wordpress seems to not do quite what I tell it.

city_zen:
Ok, now it did download correctly

The changes worked, Systemus now properly detects my MAC address

But it throws an error when starting:

https://i.imgur.com/UG2CZj0.png

If I click "Continue", then everything works, but that error seems to be related to the changes in this version

BGM:
@city_zen - thanks for that!  Strange, I don't have any errors when I run the program;  but I don't really have any convenient way to test on other systems, and don't have any beta testers.
Are you on Win7 or Win10?  And are you running on an admin account?  What happens if you run Systemus AS ADMIN - do you still have the error?

I'm not sure why it's throwing the error, but at least I can catch it so it doesn't display an error popup.

Can you show me your config's systemus.ini file contents?  I don't mean the systemus.ini in the application folder, but the one in the config's directory.

If you want the gateway to appear, create systemus.ini in the config dir and paste this code into it.  (directions are in the help file about how this works) - then restart Systemus and you'll get a larger report.

--- ---[main]
computername=x||green
serial=xx
osversion=x||green
bit=xx||green
make=x||green
bootmode=x||green
username=x||green
admin=xx||green
domain=x||green
domainmember=xx||green
ipaddress=x|bold|fuchsia|10
dhcpenabled=xx
macaddress=x|bold|fuchsia|10
dnsserver=x||green
gateway=x
subnet=xx
memory=x||green

city_zen:
@city_zen - thanks for that!  Strange, I don't have any errors when I run the program;  but I don't really have any convenient way to test on other systems, and don't have any beta testers.
Are you on Win7 or Win10?  And are you running on an admin account?  What happens if you run Systemus AS ADMIN - do you still have the error?
-BGM (January 16, 2020, 07:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm on Windows 7 and the error stays the same when I run Systemus as administrator (right click -> "run as admin")

I don't know if it's relevant but my system is configured to automatically get the DNS Servers addresses

I'm not sure why it's throwing the error, but at least I can catch it so it doesn't display an error popup.

Can you show me your config's systemus.ini file contents?  I don't mean the systemus.ini in the application folder, but the one in the config's directory.

--- End quote ---

There are two "config" directories: TemplateConfig and DefaultConfig
The DefaultConfig didn't have a systemus.ini file, only the TemplateConfig does. And that file's contents is exactly the same as the code you gave me:

--- ---[main]
computername=x||green
serial=xx
osversion=x||green
bit=xx||green
make=x||green
bootmode=x||green
username=x||green
admin=xx||green
domain=x||green
domainmember=xx||green
dhcpenabled=xx
dnsserver=x||green
gateway=x
subnet=xx
memory=x||green
If you want the gateway to appear, create systemus.ini in the config dir and paste this code into it.  (directions are in the help file about how this works) - then restart Systemus and you'll get a larger report.

--- ---[main]
computername=x||green
serial=xx
osversion=x||green
bit=xx||green
make=x||green
bootmode=x||green
username=x||green
admin=xx||green
domain=x||green
domainmember=xx||green
dhcpenabled=xx
dnsserver=x||green
gateway=x
subnet=xx
memory=x||green

--- End quote ---

I did that (actually, I copied the "systemus.ini" file from the TemplateConfig to the DefaultConfig folder, since the contents are the same) and it worked  :up: The Gateway is there and it's correctly detected

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version