ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2020

Systemus

<< < (7/11) > >>

wraith808:
Or I could just leave it and folks will just have to trust me.-BGM (January 09, 2020, 04:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

For the record, I gave up caring about false positives in my own software years ago.  If my own software body of work or reputation isn't enough to convince somebody to use my software, I'm perfectly fine with said person not using it.  IMO, it's not worth wasting the cycles on.

-skwire (January 09, 2020, 06:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Quoted for Truth.  When I started getting FP in tools that I created for myself, I realized that the AV tools had lost their way.  (Actually before then... but that just sealed it).

I have a piece of diagnostic software that downloads a file, then runs an xslt transformation on it- pretty bog standard stuff.  Got flagged as a trojan.   :-\

BGM:
In the next version, I intend to allow the user to customize the main window.  You will be able to show the info there that you like and in the order you like.  You'll also be able to set the colours and text size for the values.  AND you'll be able to do this for each menu configuration.

Aside from the info that it displays presently, is there anything else that could be particularly useful that you might want? 
Remember that Systemus isn't designed to be a full-spectrum system-info app (there are better apps than this for that purpose) - it's just supposed to show what you need the most.

Also, in the last version I fixed most of the default menu items.

city_zen:
Thanks for this useful little tool

I can confirm that MSE on Windows 7 still detects it as malware. I had to add it to the exclusions list

A small bug (?) that I noticed: Systemus doesn't detect the MAC address of my PCIe wifi card. It just displays "N/A"

is there anything else that could be particularly useful that you might want?
--- End quote ---

I think the Default Gateway and/or DNS Server(s) would nicely complement the IP address

BGM:
Ah, so I think I know about the MAC address.  If you have multiple network cards then you have multiple MAC addresses.  I only added the first one (whatever it is) to Systemus.  I'll add an option to show the 2nd through 4th ones, too.

I think I can add the gateway and DNS servers, too.

Thanks for the idea!

As for the malware detection, I don't know.  My scanners (on Windows 7, and up to date) don't detect anything when I scan the object itself.  Strange.

BGM:
Systemus Updated to Version 1.4.

Gateway and DNS Server is added.
Now you can customize the main window, and have a different main window for different menu configurations and you can switch between them.

I also tweaked the MAC and IP Addresses; hopefully, now they will reflect the working set.  Aside from that, you can add up to four existing ones with the custom main window info configurations so that you can show more than one if you have multiples.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version