ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2020

Systemus

<< < (2/11) > >>

Shades:
Description
A Handy Dandy System Admin Tool
--- End quote ---

Good! One of those "why haven't I done that" ideas.
-cranioscopical (September 09, 2019, 01:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately not the case: GEGeek Toolkit  When the guy started with this project he offered it as freeware. Nowadays you must donate before you even get access to it. I found an old freeware version of this software and it is impressive. All tools you need and like to do every (maintenance) task you can think of on a Windows computer. Most of it is portable software, some software will install. This also keeps an eye out for updates of the software you use with GEGeek and it allows you to easily launch the software of your choosing.

As the version I have is old (2012 if I remember correctly), there are quite some issues with available software and the updates. But you do get what an Herculean effort this is and why he (more or less) demands donations for the latest and greatest. Working with that old version (or trying to make it work by yourself) isn't recommended.

GEGeek, by now, is very extensive and I am usually of the opinion that less is more. So I am interested in what the OP can come up with. 

BGM:
Mouser - haha - users can change ALL the menus however they want.  It will come prebuilt with defaults, but you can change *everything* and even add your own entire menus and as many custom items as you like.  The idea is that the program can become what YOU want it to be.  Systemus is supposed to be a central command center.

But it will provide easy ways to launch the system things.  Custom things are all up to the user, of course, but there's no limit to that.

There's all kinds of system launchers out there - I wanted to try my hand at one in my own style, and I think I've created something unique and quite adaptable.

Shades mentioned a hope for simplicity - well, you can't get much simpler than good 'ole Windows menus, I think.

mouser:
 :up:

smaragdus:
@BGM

This Systemus looks cute. I would like to test it under Windows 8 when there is a test build released. In what language is it written?

BGM:
Ah!  I'm working on that.  The program works for the most part, but my documentation needs some work.  I'm going to try and post a download in the next few days.

It's written in Autohotkey.

I'm upgrading to Windows 10 in the next weeks, and I'll be able to refine it to Win10 then.  Right now I'm a bit overwhelmed by things... 

But I'll have a release for the new year, even if I'm not completely finished.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version