ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2020

Systemus

(1/11) > >>

BGM:
NANY 2020 Entry Information
Application Name SystemusVersion 1.5.1Short Description A Handy Dandy System Tool Supported OSes Windows 7, Windows 10 to some degree Web Page http://www.dcmembers.com/bgmcoder/download/systemus/ Download Linkhttp://www.dcmembers.com/bgmcoder/download/systemus/# System Requirements
* Windows 7
* Windows 10?Version History
* January 1, 2020: Initial Release.
* See my DC site for change history.Author bgmCoder

Description
A Handy Dandy System Admin Tool
To do all those things you *want* to do when managing a new system.

Notice!
This program will trigger most antivirus apps; make sure you add System's folder to your antivirus exclusion list.  Also, if you use this on your flashdrive, beware of the computer's antivirus or it will steal the exe from you.  I've never been able to figure out exactly what is making this app appear dangerous, so I can't fix that.  I also don't ask for any money or anything in return, so if you don't use it because you are afraid, then I'm not going to lose any sleep over that.  haha!  I use this program myself and designed it to suit my own purposes.  Hopefully, you will also find it useful.

Features

* Portable
* Tiny interface
* Completely customizable menus, commands and main interface
* Advanced RUN box with memory - this needs some work, however; just warning you.
* Instant Computer Info in main panel - click the values to copy to the clipboard.
* Access the default Windows system menus, control panels and commands
* Add your own commands
* Have multiple menu and info configurations and switch betwen them.
* All of the program menus also appear as a menu for the system tray icon
Planned Features
I wrote this program because I often have to set up computers for other people, or I have to do maintenance or fixes.  It seems I always end up using a whole bunch of programs to do things - a folder full of tools, and I can't remember or find the ones I want, sometimes.  With Systemus, I have a single program that I can use as a launcher.  It also tells me the most basic system information that I want, such as ipaddress and mac address, Windows version and what model of computer I'm working on.

There are still a bunch of bugs to fix and some features to tweak.

Usage
Installation
Simply extract the contents to whereever you like.

Using the Application
Using this program, you get a one-stop program that can give you quick links to all the Windows control panels, built-in applications, and system menus.  You can customize the menus to contain just the ones you like, and you can add links to your own programs, portable or non-portable.  You can run scripts, batch files - anything you want.  You can even add your own menus and submenus.

Uninstallation
Delete the folder containing the application and its settings.

Known Issues
Well, I am writing it to work for Windows 7.  Most of the commands should work for Windows 10, too, but I don't have any way to test this.  When I finally migrate my computer to Windows 10, then I'll update the program with Windows 10 features, but I don't know when this will happen, and it will probably be awhile.  In the meantime, I am willing to accept suggestions.

Systemus will probably trigger your antivirus.  I haven't figured out why, just yet.

x16wda:
 :up: Looking forward to seeing it!

Deozaan:
Looks like mouser needs to update the template. It should say and link to NANY 2020, not 2019.

cranioscopical:
Description
A Handy Dandy System Admin Tool
--- End quote ---

Good! One of those "why haven't I done that" ideas.

mouser:
Looks nice!
Maybe let users add new items (shortcuts) to a "Custom" menu?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version