ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: "Write on Screen" Tool

<< < (4/5) > >>

brett:
+0x400000 gives the window a border similar to a button, take it away and the window is just flat.

Postmessage is something i have just come accross, so here goes

Postmessage sends a message to a window or a control.
0xA1 = left mouse button down
because there is no titlebar in the gui (-caption) you can not effectively drag the window.
Postmessage is triggered when the G label of the text field is triggered.(The only thing in the GUI showing)

so
  PostMessage, 0xA1, 2,,, A

sends a left mousebutton down to the window it is above, allowing you to drag to a new position.
I then wait for the mousebutton up, and redraw the lines. It seemed better then having a Settimer running.

I have borrowed postmessage from another script on the AHK forums.
I hope this is the correct explanation.

Thanks
 dB

Aquarelle:
Thank you very much doublebogey, I really appreciate your help  :Thmbsup:

I will now try to study the codes in order to decipher the "intricacies" of your creation  :huh:

OK... I tried it, and here are some comments:

It took me a couple of minutes, but I found out what to do with the first button (LOW).  ;)

However, in your first version, there was a box on the screen where I could erase the lines, redo them, or EXIT the app, which was very neat!  With this last version, the box has disappear, and there is no way I can redraw other lines besides doing an EXIT from the taskbar, and start the app again.

One more Important problem I just found: If I drag the Low button to the left of the High button (or drag High to the left of Low), all the lines disappear!  In fact, all the lines SHOULD still be visible wherever the buttons are placed on screen.

--Peter

Aquarelle:
I made so many modifications to my previous reply, that I thought I should sum them up here.  And if I may be bold enough, I want to ask you for a few modifications:

1. Keep the box on screen (First version) giving a choice to: Draw, Redraw and Exit.

2. The 2 buttons are a very nice additions!  But, as I said before, all the lines SHOULD be visible on screen wherever the buttons are placed, whether left or right of each other.

3. One "last" request... I think  ;)  Is there a way to offer a choice between the "regular lines" (those between LOW and HIGH), and the ones above-below the buttons?  What I mean is that I don't always need the "above and below" lines, which could be hidden somehow (or not shown). Or maybe offer a choice (check) of "between" and/or "above".  I don't even know if that is possible!

I'll stop here for now... and again I want to express my deepest appreciation for your work!

--Peter

brett:
Hi Peter

1. Keep the box on screen (First version) giving a choice to: Draw, Redraw and Exit.
2. The 2 buttons are a very nice additions!  But, as I said before, all the lines SHOULD be visible on screen wherever the buttons are placed, whether left or right of each other.
3. One "last" request... I think  ;)  Is there a way to offer a choice between the "regular lines" (those between LOW and HIGH), and the ones above-below the buttons?  What I mean is that I don't always need the "above and below" lines, which could be hidden somehow (or not shown). Or maybe offer a choice (check) of "between" and/or "above".  I don't even know if that is possible!
-Aquarelle (October 15, 2006, 11:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

1. The box is back.
2. Lines work all the time, but remember that the calculation is based on the 'high' being above the 'low'
3. Checkboxes to show/hide lines inside and outside.
small bonus extra - choose the colour of the outside/inside lines.

Have fun
dB
doublebogey

Aquarelle:
WOW! and Double-WOW!
I'm really impressed of what you did   :Thmbsup:

I'll take a "serious" look at it next week-end, and let you know more about my "wow" feelings  :D

Thanks and... double thanks for... who else!  doublebogey  ;D

--Peter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version