ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Gmail to SMS - (and any loud, annoying iPad notification method)

<< < (4/4)

wraith808:
I never looked to see if it could do anything past a notification.  A quick look, and it doesn't appear as if that's possible.

Steven Avery:
I never looked to see if it could do anything past a notification.  A quick look, and it doesn't appear as if that's possible.
-wraith808 (August 26, 2019, 11:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yep. Seems that way with Pushbullet.

Next I will check Pushover, that was recommended by one fellow on a group on Facebook "WooCommerce Help and Share".
Here Pushover discusses some sound issues.
https://pushover.net/faq#problem-sound

I checked with my developer, who does give 24/7 support, and he works a combo of little rings and notifications, email, SMS, whatever, but nothing real solid, he says he is a light sleeper.

Steven Avery:
Now I am looking at call forwarding (and text forwarding.)

E.g.  I was thinking of going paid with Talkatone - $4 a month.
That opens up forwarding, and It would be nice if I can call Skype or flip-phone, which ringggggg.
(it seems to be only SMS-->SMS and Voice-->Voice)

Also I want to see if Twilio has a phone call, rather than text, mode.
(Already using Twilio in biz to send out SMS.)

I also plan Android testing, maybe using Tasker. 
The architecture is more open for ringing, and in the house it can run off the cable wireless with a cheap leftover tablet. 

=======================

This explains the idea.

Voice SMS – text to phone call
https://tellustalk.wordpress.com/2015/02/26/voice-sms-text-to-phone-call/
Very smart if you for example have an alarm system that would send SMS to people that are on call sleeping. The tiny little signal from an SMS you could easily sleep through, but a call will keep ringing until you pick the phone up! It could be smart to combine it with an SMS too, to make it easier to read it again later, when you´re up…

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version